Decent EDC Pants

Decent EDC Pants

This is a discussion on Decent EDC Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When thinking about what kind of pants I buy, I consider how well they can hold all of my EDC gear, how comfortable they are, ...

Decent EDC Pants

When thinking about what kind of pants I buy, I consider how well they can hold all of my EDC gear, how comfortable they are, how long they'll last. I need a longer inseam and cotton pants tend to shrink. I also live in central Florida where it can be hot and wet. For these reasons, I've been buying nylon pants: They don't shrink and they dry quickly.

I really like 5.11 pants but they're a bit baggy and also a bit obvious (for lack of a better term). I do wear my 5.11s to work but we have a somewhat casual environment and there are plenty of other times I'd like to be less conspicuous.

For the times I would like to blend in, I find the North Face M Paramount Utility pants are great. They hold all of my EDC gear and I can even dress them up a bit. It is hard to tell that they're not normal cotton kakhis.

They are made of nylon, they have a well hidden zippered cargo pocket on the right side, deep pockets, and an additional zippered pocket on the right. My only wish would be for a nice hidden cargo pocket or a "cell phone" pocket on the left (for spare magazines). The left pocket is big enough to hold two magazines comfortably so this is no big deal.

In addition, the pants legs can be rolled up and buttoned -- this makes 'em great for cycling (commuting or running errands, etc.). The zippered pockets also keep your valuables in place whie riding.

Anyhow -- I have a few pants from North Face and they're all top notch but I really like the Paramount Utility pants. They may be an alternative to the other "tactical" pants out there like Woolrich or 5.11.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/...6J&language=en

-ruertar
    Last edited by CharlieMike; May 11th, 2007 at 10:35 AM.

Check into a pair of the Columbia ROCs. I switch between them and my 5.11s for day to day wear These are the ones I like
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Links