CCW Apparal?

This is a discussion on CCW Apparal? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My shirts go untucked, and even though I'm a size small, I'll wear a lot of size medium shirts, because the trend these days in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Apparal?

VIP Member
    My shirts go untucked, and even though I'm a size small, I'll wear a lot of size medium shirts, because the trend these days in women's clothing is skin tight everything.

Some materials work better on the body than others - some are so thin they end up imprinting your gun in a breeze. Some whites are so thin you can see through them.

Polo shirts are of good material, and are versatile - they're good with both jeans and slacks. And they're also squared at the bottom so they look acceptable untucked.

When it's not really hot, I like lightweight zip-up hoodies for casual concealment. So if I have an old shirt that's tight or short, I can still wear it and just put on the hoodie. Or I can wear a blazer. A lot of blazers work well for casual and dressy looks.

I wear a size or two bigger in jeans so I can carry IWB. For ankle carry, I wear flare-legged or boot-cut jeans.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    but it hate the idea of even puttin on a Brooks Brothers.
    Wow, Brooks Brothers, what else do you do?

Seriously, I've found darker shirts or ones with patterns work better; however, I appendix carry IWB, for the very reasons everone's listing for not wearing tighter or light colored shirts. I switched to AC & all my problems when away.

Now, I have to say, I needed my holster way back behind my hip (About 4:30 or so), so I could get to it while driving.

While T-shirts & polo shirts will work, I've found that button shirt tend to work better.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    In the colder months, I wear either a 3/4 length leather jacket or one of several hooded sweatshirts.

In the hotter months, I wear jean shorts and tank tops.

In between, I wear jeans and a variety of untucked shirts.

Being a sasquatch (6'4, 315), I have no trouble concealing a full-size pistol. Hell, if they made an IWB rig for a Desert Eagle, I could probably make it disappear under a T-shirt....

Hawaiian Shirts

Lots of untucked over sized Hawaiian Shirts. What my wife call my nug shirts.

I got away from T-shirts and now wear polo's (always a t-shirt under) for IWB and jeans.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

me
    I do a button down shirt. I think I may switch from T-shirts under to a lite undershirt for the summer.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links