CCW Apparal?

This is a discussion on CCW Apparal? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to ask some of you that carry on a daily basis...did you make any clothing changes since you started carrying....did you find that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Apparal?

Question CCW Apparal?

I wanted to ask some of you that carry on a daily basis...did you make any clothing changes since you started carrying....did you find that some shirts concealed better than others? I've always been a tshirt kind of guy, but i've been thinking of switching to button downs for casual wear. I'm not a small guy so I think my options are limited, especially in the summer....any suggestions?
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

2. Remove Ads

T-shirts and jeans. Fads change, I don't.

I have found that darker tshirts work better. White or grey are the worst. So blacks and dark blues are it for me.

I spend a lot of time in clothes suitable for construction, not too smart and lots of belt bulges and pocketed stuff. I don't worry about printing as much as flashing, but open carry is here in TN anyway.
    That said I steer clear of shirts that aren't a square hem around the waist, if I'm wearing a shirt out of my pants and it has those cutouts either side then it will display my holster.
    Other than that I don't change a thing.
    Oh, except I bought a far better belt, the belt is everything.

Lead Moderator
    Polos work decent too. Or slightly oversized t shirts. Usually with a underarmor shirt as a base layer to protect against chafing. Some style changes were needed, but luckily I can dress somewhat trendy as I am not THAT old.
    Cover vests work, depending on what you wear and your location.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My closet is not summer/winter...ranther...it is 190#/200#/210#...just shorts and T-shirts...it is FL you know!

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

oversize

I either wear an over size Tee-shirt or a Dickies short sleeve work shirt unbuttoned. If I am in shorts, then the Tee-shirt and if I am jeans, then the Dickies work shirt. I look just like every body else in the area. YOU are a lot more aware than the rest of the world.

thanks, George

jeans & T-shirt here too. large is just big enough for me to avoid obvious printing say about 85% (IWB or good leather OWB). larger sizes should do the trick fully. gfmun is right. you're more aware than anyone else.
    What's this button do?

Pretty much the same here. Jeans and T shirts. IWB works well.

Since I had my stroke I have started wearing long-sleeved under armour shirts all the time, bumping into anything colder than me hurts like hell on one side if its not covered. Since I've had to start wearing long sleeves, I've decided just to start wearing button down dress shirts with a tuckable IWB for ccw.

Yes, I had a stroke @ 30.

Administrator

Post Summer

Darker colored (higher quality) oversize heavier weight All Cotton T-Shirts work great for me...in combination with a good holster and gun belt.

It's important not to buy the thin cheapy T-Shirts. The double weight All Cotton cover things up better and are still quite cool and comfortable in hot weather.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I almost always wear a t-shirt under either a untucked polo or a "sports shirt" think Hawaiian/bowling shirts. Both my EDC holsters are tuckable so I can wear a dress shirt if needed.

I need to get an underarmor t-shirt so i can wear just a plain T-Shirt and shorts.....

Senior Moderator
    Clothes with prints or patterns on them work very well for concealing bulges and printing. Of course, shirts that are longer help when you are reaching over your head for something.

For summer a nice tank top with a light patterned flowery (I'm a girl, I can wear flowers) shirt over top looks good.

I didn't change a lot of my wardrobe, just added a few things to it.

My pants are 1" bigger for IWB and I buy large shirts instead of medium now. I also go untucked a lot more than I used too. I also love my Hawaiian shirts!

No white socks and sandals though.
    -Biker

Pants / Shorts with deep pockets
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    T-shirt and jeans when off duty, slacks and dress shirts (tucked in) when on duty. Rarely......VERY rarely, I'll put on a monkey suit, but it hate the idea of even puttin on a Brooks Brothers.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links