Do You Keep A Bug-out Bag Ready To Go ? - Page 3

Do You Keep A Bug-out Bag Ready To Go ?

This is a discussion on Do You Keep A Bug-out Bag Ready To Go ? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 We have the Going to the Hospital to have a Baby Bag GHBB ready to go now LMAO dude I put ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Keep A Bug-out Bag Ready To Go ?

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    We have the Going to the Hospital to have a Baby Bag GHBB ready to go now
    LMAO dude I put an end to that need years ago. I am approaching the age where the primary purpose of my penis is *******.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

YES , BUT YOU ARE THINKIN BOUT IT, AREN'T YA ?

-Tin Bender-

"Forgive your enemies , but never forget their names."
    ----J.F.K.----

Quote Originally Posted by FIREARMZ View Post
    LMAO dude I put an end to that need years ago. I am approaching the age where the primary purpose of my penis is *******.
    I think a new little one is just what you and Lisa need
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

What exactly is a blow out bag ?

It's for Blow Outs you want to contain.
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

Maybe it's just a lingo thing , but to me a blow out is either a big party or the last thing an old tire does.

So do I need to carry a keg or a tire iron ? :)

A Blow Out Kit is a personal trauma kit used to treat ones self for most types of major trauma like gunshot wounds, puncture wound, burns, large cuts and things of that nature. It contains a little more than you average boo boo kit and is very specific in its intended scope of use.
    Pierce

"Fear is what keeps you alive but panic is what kills you" - Leo

"At contact distances, if you can't shoot him, hit him...Nothing says 'TAP' can't be accomplished by smashing the magazine into his face." - Gomez

TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD

Question Blow Out Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    A Blow Out Kit is a personal trauma kit used to treat ones self for most types of major trauma like gunshot wounds, puncture wound, burns, large cuts and things of that nature. It contains a little more than you average boo boo kit and is very specific in its intended scope of use.
    I'm trying to build a kit like that. A couple of years ago I was the first responder ona horrific car wreck on US 27 known locally as BLOOD ALLEY. It was near midnight and it was a single car wreck. Husband in shock, wandering around dazed but the wife was truly messed up. I had a small US Army field kit and was able to get them stabilized, but it really wasn't enough. Other folks showed up and I did a much better job of setting up an emergency LZ in a nearby field for the rescue chopper. Ever since then I've been thinking about such a kit.

Mine has Israeli pressure battle dressings, two bags of the old style QUIK-CLOT and two bags of the newer QUIK-CLOT "sponges" and I've got some splint materials and burn gel and stuff to make compress bandages, if need be. Also tourniquet material, but I hope I never need that. I've got an airway kit for sterile mouth to mouth. I'm working on a portable stretcher to keep in the car. That ought to do double duty in case one of our Newfoundland dogs gets sick or injured. They're almost man sized. What else do I need? I'm putting it (except for the stretcher) into a Maxpedition JUMBO versi-pak. I've left off the self defense stuff I have and the knives and multi-tools. What do I need for a medical trauma? In addition to what I have?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    Wife and I both have the exact same thing. They're for getting home to the rest of our emergency supplies where we will bug *in* unless there's a really good reason not to.

The packs (just cheapo schoolbook type backpacks) are equipped for 2-3 days of survival, cross country if need be, as well as emergency supplies (first aid, etc).
    I will say that we pretty much have the same type of set up as Darth Muffin. Generic backpacks that will allow us enough food and water and first aid supplies for a few days so we can get to where our real supplies are. That's home.

We are always working on the home supplies. Adding stuff and rotating supplies.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Ok, Me and the Boys in the band finally worked it out.
    We are going full blown MAXPEDITION GEAR. We will
    have to find a way to pay for it but it should last a lifetime.
    We read the reviews from C-T-D and made our decision based on those fine folks who submitted reviews.
    As mentioned , MAXPEDITION won hands down, but Daryll
    insists on nutin' but WAL-MART bags!
    He may be sorry some day. I hope not. But when he needs a place to contain his Fried Pork Skins and O.J. we will be ready to assist.
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

Blow out stuff

This device is a good idea, and available from Galls, although probably also at many other places. I've just dealt happily with Galls in the past. http://www.galls.com/google/style.ht...og&style=FA874 Good for the treatment of GSW. Plain Vaseline gauze also a good idea. Been used for years for an occlusive dressing, but if you read carefully, the insert says use in puncture wounds is contraindicated. Oh, well, we still use it in my agency like we always have and its cheap. Add to the must have stuff some Quick-Clot sponges (Galls) http://www.galls.com/google/style.ht...FA210&cat=2793 and some good surgical gauze. Not the tightly woven stuff, but the stiff with lose weave like Kerlix (AKA Krimptex) Disclaimer: Haven't dealt with this company, it just hit on Google. http://www.americarx.com/index.asp?P...D&ProdID=34878
    Good idea to have IV supplies handy, if you are trained to start one. Not a hard skill to learn. This place says they will sell IV supplies to anyone over 18 who signs a disclaimer. Again, I have not ever dealt with them, just found them on Google: http://syringesupplies.samsbiz.com/
    Add some good bulk gauze dressings, good (not Pakistani) shears, a foil blanket, and as much airway stuff as you are comfortable with. The rest depends on if you intend to just treat yourself for a GSW, treat multiple people, or want to worry about other kinds of trauma. If you anticipate long delays in an ambulance for example, you might need more stuff. My Get Home (or to work) bag has this medical stuff, as well as some spare ammo and magazines, a few Glock spare parts and a Glock tool, and some misc stuff like a multi-tool and 550 cord, light...The usual stuff.

USPS just delivered my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack.

This bag is the real deal. Super heavy duty.

Now everybody in the band wants one.
    -Tin Bender-

----J.F.K.----

OD*

Do You Keep A Bug-out Bag Ready To Go ?

Yep.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Yep, I do.
    I hope that everybody will think seriously about putting one together.
    We are entering into troubled times.
    Ok, you've got my curiousity up... why do you think we are heading into troubled times, and what do you mean BY 'troubled times'?

Thx,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    BOB supplies need to be chosen for which type of emergency most likely to cause the need to Bug Out. This goes as well as where to Bug Out to. Here in Washington ther are various things that can create the need to leave. For most people It would be flooding. But we also have Huricanes, Earthquakes and Volcanos.

Most floods here one has enough warnings that one can prepare specific needs bags. even with Huricanes there is usually enough pre warning. Now if say Glacier Peak decided to go, it could send a Lahar down the valley and I would be toast or burried or both, no need for a BOB, just a shoval and a lot of luck.

Just Plan for the most likely and add a few Items for the worse case scenario.

People who have a plan around here to run to the mountains, might find all roads are impassible depending on what type of emergancy there is. Alternate locations and backup plans are allways good to have.
    Here in Fox, Alaska, the BOB is more like a trunk load ...not a bag. Most likely reason for bugging out is running out of oil or having a heating system failure ...drain the house plumbling and head to a hotel in the city. Bring arctic gear in case the truck breaks down. If the situation is more like a city issue (we live outside all cities/town/jurisdictions) then a chain saw, splitting maul, portable stove, arctic tent, and .338 Winchester magnum or .375 Holland & Holland is more likely to be on the list....

Brian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links