My lucky day, I found a Surefire G2 today

This is a discussion on My lucky day, I found a Surefire G2 today within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up a few things and on the way back to the Jeep as I walked across the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up a few things and on the way back to the Jeep as I walked across the parking lot I saw something on the ground ahead. It was black and I wondered what it was. As I got closer I thought it looked about the right size for a small flashlight and I thought "cool, somebody dropped a cheapo flashlight. If no one is around obviously looking for it, I'll throw it into the back of the Jeep and have another disposable flashlight."

I walked up to it and bent down to pick it up and realized that it was a Surefire! I picked it up and looked at it and realized it was a G2! It looks brand new. No scuffs or scratches. It works, the batteries seem like they are full or nearly fully charged. It looks like it just came out of the box.

I thought about taking it into the store and turning it in but I doubt it would have found its way back to its owner. There was no one looking around for something they may have dropped. So after thinking about it for a couple of minutes, I decided it was now mine. Afterall, it isn't the most expensive flashlight and there was no way to determine who it may have belonged to, so I think it wanted to go home with me.

So, I think today was a pretty good day over all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If you had took it back in it would not have found it's rightful owner, you looked around for someone looking for it in vain... sounds to me like you did all there was to do.

Congratulations.

I note you already had a flashlight that you were happy with, so if you want my suggestion on what to do with this new addition it is this, if you have a door on your bedroom that you close hang it on the handle on the inside - it is the easiest way to find a flashlight in the dark IMO.

I have one hanging on the door from my bedroom to the deck, if things go bump out there I am able to find the flashlight even when groggy.

Nice find. As stated, I doubt it would have been returned to rightful owner. I'm thinking of getting one of those. Sounds like a good light for the $$

Administrator
    Thats funny, I lost my g2 at walmart today. I'll PM you my address so you can mail it back to me. I'll owe ya one!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Score! Congrats. At least iot found a responsible firearm owner that will use it, not some sheep or kid who wouldn't appreciate such a fine tactical light.

Since everyone is here. I know there is a thread on tactical lights. But what makes the G2 a good light? As compared to my mini mag or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Since everyone is here. I know there is a thread on tactical lights. But what makes the G2 a good light? As compared to my mini mag or something?
    I don't know I have a Fenix p2d for carry and blackhawk gladius for home use

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I note you already had a flashlight that you were happy with, so if you want my suggestion on what to do with this new addition it is this, if you have a door on your bedroom that you close hang it on the handle on the inside - it is the easiest way to find a flashlight in the dark IMO.

I have one hanging on the door from my bedroom to the deck, if things go bump out there I am able to find the flashlight even when groggy.
    You know, that is a great idea 0.02. Thanks, I think that is exactly what I will do.

Well Argus, to me the Surefire line is a good line, good reputation for being able to take a lot of abuse. And, the G2 is their polymer flashlight. It is very lite weight, non-slip grip and very bright. much brighter than a mini Maglite. The G2 is bright enough to momentarily blind the bad guy and give you a second to get away or get the gun up and into the fight.

It also has a tail cap mounted on/off switch for ease of use with one hand and the switch is momentary. In other words, the light is on as long as you hold the button down or if you want a constant on, you twist the tail cap and the light stays on.

It is a better carry light than the mini-Maglite. Check them out and you will see what I mean.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Now do to your good fortune you need to pass on the good Karma I think

in May so enjoy your G2!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Here's my comparison...

Mini-Mag: Transistor radio.
    SureFire G2: Ted Nugent concert.

Yeah...they're THAT good! But don't take my word for it, go get ya one! They're only about $35. I promise you - once you light up the night with a SureFire, you'll throw that Mini-Mag in the trash!

Go buy a LOTTERY TICKET. NOW! Imagine tho....if you've just used up THAT luck.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Lucky you!

Actually, my father is missing his G2 (the one us kids gave him for Christmas a few years ago), but it wouldn't have ended up in Memphis. He ended up buying another one.

Somewhere is a man grumbling about losing his shiny new light. I feel bad for him but happy for you.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Cool, I love Ted Nugent

1943 - 2009
    Some people have all the luck!

I found a Buck folding knife once, doesn't compare to finding a G2, tho.

Congrats!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

The Surefire's are brighter than the regular 4 "D" Mag. At least mine are.
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links