Am I a mall Ninja? your help please

This is a discussion on Am I a mall Ninja? your help please within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would wearing 5.11 pants to an office type job make me a mall ninja, I'm NOT loaded with all the latest techno gizmo's, but do ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a mall Ninja? your help please

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar

Am I a mall Ninja? your help please

Would wearing 5.11 pants to an office type job make me a mall ninja, I'm NOT loaded with all the latest techno gizmo's, but do like the durabality, and fit. The only carry items are my EDC strong side, and a spare mag on my weak side.

Just curious about what you guys thought about wearing "tactical" item(s) w/o the specific need.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Wouldnt that make you an Office Ninja?

Administrator
    That alone doesn’t make you a mall ninja, but that is a mall ninja trait. Proceed with caution.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixtoes...lol

Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    Wouldnt that make you an Office Ninja?
    good one.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Would wearing 5.11 pants to an office type job make me a mall ninja, I'm NOT loaded with all the latest techno gizmo's, but do like the durabality, and fit. The only carry items are my EDC strong side, and a spare mag on my weak side.
    Well, since I wear 5.11 pants/shorts most of the time, I can hardly call you a mall ninja for doing the same.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Yea, I gotta agree with Sixto here. This is dangerous territory. Before you know it you will be wearing them to funerals and weddings too.

I can see future posts like "do you think my 5.11 pants will go with my tuxedo jacket?"
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    My only problem with folks wearing (or me wearing) 5.11s is that their begaining to follow the same trend as fanny packs and scream gun. It will draw some attention to you but I have to caviot that with, when I wear mine fresh from the cleaners all starched and a nice shirt folks dont seem to notice, but if their just washed with a little wrinkles on them (normal look) folks do seem to pay more attention to them.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I'd recomment the Woolrich Elite Discrete line. They look more like Dockers and blend in. Sure, they don't have cargo pockets or mag pouches but they also don't scream GUN!

Jamie Young at RogueElite has been very good to me when I ordered mine and is a member here.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    My only problem with folks wearing (or me wearing) 5.11s is that their begaining to follow the same trend as fanny packs and scream gun.
    I doubt it. Far too many people who aren't carrying wear cargo pants for 5.11s to scream gun to the sheep.

I think you are fine, people don't notice what is going on around them never mind what pants you are wearing...

I wear night vision goggles and carry a katana when I go to the Farmer's Market, does that make me a ninja? Maybe, I don't know...

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    My only problem with folks wearing (or me wearing) 5.11s is that their begaining to follow the same trend as fanny packs and scream gun. It will draw some attention to you but I have to caviot that with, when I wear mine fresh from the cleaners all starched and a nice shirt folks dont seem to notice,

That's what I was thinking, I do wear them with a nice golf shirt to keep within the "office dress code". But even working in an office, I do tend to wear out some Dockers inside of a year, that's not bad, but times 5, and if I can get 2-3 times the life or better at 1-1/2 the price.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll be okay, at least until someone post another one of those "mall ninja surveys" again, then I might be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by plblark
    I'd recomment the Woolrich Elite Discrete line. They look more like Dockers and blend in. Sure, they don't have cargo pockets or mag pouches but they also don't scream GUN!

Jamie Young at RogueElite has been very good to me when I ordered mine and is a member here.
    I'll keep that in mind, right now I'm set, got an order of 5.11's on the way, next time, I will be sure to check them out.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

only if your using a tac thigh rig also

I read (somewhere online) that 5.11 is going to make them in UPS brown and they are going to start wearing them. That would make them much more commonplace.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I read (somewhere online) that 5.11 is going to make them in UPS brown and they are going to start wearing them.
    "What can Brown shoot for you?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links