Olight S30r update- junk pile - Page 2

Olight S30r update- junk pile

This is a discussion on Olight S30r update- junk pile within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recieved the RMA, about to take their 5 year warranty for a test drive...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Olight S30r update- junk pile

Administrator
    Recieved the RMA, about to take their 5 year warranty for a test drive
    Doghandler likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

Administrator
    Got the light back a few days ago. Olight says there is nothing wrong with it and works as it should... Interesting thing is that it didn't when I shipped it off but it does now. Who knows what happened.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Got the light back a few days ago. Olight says there is nothing wrong with it and works as it should... Interesting thing is that it didn't when I shipped it off but it does now. Who knows what happened.
    That is weird.
    --Jason--

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The UPS man did you a favor, as he does light repair on the side! It could happen.
    rocky and atctimmy like this.
    NRA Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself

Senior Moderator
    I got the same one, and have had no problems (yet), but mine is casual use, not for beating bad guys with it.

I also got my son a SR30R II when Olight sent me a $25 Coupon. He's not given me any feedback yet.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

I have a S1A I am testing/playing with. So far I like it but I am also a casual user. I have a Klarus XTC2 on the way for non-casual use.
    --Jason--

Administrator
    Mine is still running just fine.
    Usually when I carry a light it is that one.

Flashlights are just like a big bag of pistachio nuts.

There are always a couple of rotten ones in there that taste like a dead dung beetle.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    In reality, mine is not much more than casual use, other than when I need it, I really need it. Mine is a back up light, it just rides tucked away until I need it- not any different than casual use.
    "Just blame Sixto"

When I was in law enforcement, I carried Streamlight, then Elzetta. I carried a Fenix for a few months but it crapped out on me (they never fixed it and were beyond worthless). Went back to the Elzetta and carried that light for like 5 years.

Streamlights work. Their customer service is phenomenal. I had a switch go out and they had the flashlight fixed and back to me in less than 5 days. Lifetime no questions asked warranty.

Elzetta is in a world of its own. Industrial strength LED, in an industrial strength light, with an industrial strength switch. I still use that light several times a week, all these years later, and it always works. Always.

If you want a cheaper version of the Elzetta, that is just as good in my opinion, check out the Malkoff line of lights. I have the MD2 and it is fantastic.

Surefire makes a good light. I really dont care for their under $100 lights. In my opinion, to get a good light from Surefire, you are spending $150 and up. I have an older Surefire LX2 and it is THE tactical light. They discontinued it, but it has the best tactical switch on the market. I will never get rid of that light. Their P2X Fury Tactical I have is a heck of a light as well.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Sixto, hope I didn't offend you with my post but I had to make light of your situation.I had a similar situation with another brand of light & repair people are like "Are you some kind of dumbo?". Needless to say, just like you, it went in the flashlight box of doom. When I NEED a light, I NEED a WORKING light!
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the update. Glad it was not a serious issue. Looking at the Elzetta line myself after reading the comments. That is a pretty penny, but if they work as intended, I have no problem paying for quality.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Sixto, hope I didn't offend you with my post but I had to make light of your situation.I had a similar situation with another brand of light & repair people are like "Are you some kind of dumbo?". Needless to say, just like you, it went in the flashlight box of doom. When I NEED a light, I NEED a WORKING light!
    You'd pretty much have to light me on fire or kick my dog to offend me.

Streamlight- I'm a fan. That's my primary light and has been since day one. The old style stinger I bought as a rookie almost two decades ago still works great. I upgraded the head to a LED and replaced the battery a few times, but that's it. The head upgrade was not a need but a want.
    Pete63 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm a stinger fan also. Mine is 16 yrs. old, I've changed the switch 3 times & used up numerous batteries. Although I have several other lights in rotation, it's just hard to get rid of it. I can literly beat the heck out of it, & it just won't quit. I keep spare parts (bulbs, lense's, switches, batterries)I can change out my self, so it just can't be beat! I bought the upgrade LED also, but have just never put it in. I've still got a number of xenon bulbs left, as I like to stock up on parts when I find something I like.
    NRA Life Member

Streamlight or Surefire. Both are excellent lights. I've tried Fenix and 5.11 and neither match in quality. If you truly are in "life or death" situations, why would you risk your life on a low quality light with low quality service?
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.
    A proud member of that "vast right wing conspiracy", and an infidel to boot!

This problem of the OP's surprises me not in the least. We got 3 Olights around Christmas in the household. Out of the 3 only 1 still (kind of) works. Just up and quit.

Never again.
    Yep. I'm THAT guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links