Olight S30r update- junk pile

This is a discussion on Olight S30r update- junk pile within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was originally impressed with this light, with a few minor complaints. I'll add a link to the original thread when I get to a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Olight S30r update- junk pile

Administrator

I was originally impressed with this light, with a few minor complaints. I'll add a link to the original thread when I get to a computer. Now to the update;

I've been carrying this light for a few months now, used as a back up in a work situation. Not to be dramatic, but my work is often life or death situations, I need my stuff to work correctly. I liked the olight enough to use it as a primary light in some situations, mostly because I didn't have to have a over powered torch when all I needed was a modest amount of light.

Today, while on a training "mission" in a enormous dark warehouse, I noticed my thigh burning like the devil was attached to it. I reach down and pull out the s30r, which was on. I thought I just hit the button accidentally, no big deal. I go to turn it off, no dice. Switch is done. It scrolls through the brightness levels, but won't turn off. I had to unscrew the cap to turn it off.

So just a few minutes ago, I call customer service. Barely speak English guy answers. All he can do is to tell me to send them an email. Great... Olight in the trash heap category. I'll update of and when they make good.
    notavictim and 357and40 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I reserve the right to make fun, point and laugh etc.

Lead Moderator
    Good thing that happened in a drill situation, and not where it could have had serious consequences.....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Learning to shoot again : Starting Over

Senior Moderator
    That is a bummer. Keep us posted on its' replacement.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

"Hillary, a woman without ethics, is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Rock and Glock

Can you return it to the store where purchased?
    --Jason--

Distinguished Member Array blackhawkfann24's Avatar
    I know the wattage is low for light but I never have a problem and love streamlight flash lights. With there LEDs now I get almost a full day out of it

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Can you return it to the store where purchased?
    I bought it from olight through Amazon; I have to jump through their hoops which I just started that process tonight.

I'm also one that once a piece of gear fails me, I rarely will trust that piece again. Especially if I don't understand or can't explain why or what failed. I typically buy premium stuff and expect premium quality. I rolled the dice with Olight.
    rocky, blackhawkfann24 and Pete63 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I bought it from olight through Amazon; I have to jump through their hoops which I just started that process tonight.

I'm also one that once a piece of gear fails me, I rarely will trust that piece again. Especially if I don't understand or can't explain why or what failed. I typically buy premium stuff and expect premium quality. I rolled the dice with Olight.
    I wouldn't recommend carrying it, but it could be a backup light to a backup light. Or a gift to a family member or kid.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Not to be dramatic, but my work is often life or death situations
    You must be black and make your living, by driving.

I have heard that olight turn around time pretty fast

Senior Member Array Illusive Man's Avatar
    Sixto, glad it failed on you during an exercise and not when your life depended on it. The failure sucks, but the timing is fortunate.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Sorry for your misfortune, SIXTO, and forgive me while I have a chuckle at your expense. At least your pants didn't catch on fire!

I've had a case or two of the "hot pants" myself but back in the old days with incandescent xenon bulbs. I like the modern LEDs a lot better.

Battery Junction is my goto place for flashlights. I've never had to return anything but they seem to be easy to deal with.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Yeah, it's LED or bust these days. Solid state, no floppy filament to go down on ya. Streamlight is pretty nice for a reasonable piece, and their battery circuitry is nice as it won't deep discharge which tends to make alkalines leak. My single AAA that's my EDC pocket carry the other day was going out, and when I checked the battery, it was just right at 0.9 volts, but still giving appreciable light up until shutoff. I beat the hell out of them, drop them, all that and they keep coming back.

VIP Member
    At the risk of sounding rigid or snobbish, when it comes to a primary carry light if it doesn't say Elzetta or Malkoff on the side it ain't going in my pocket. I might make an exception for Surefire and Inforce on a weapon.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Administrator
    Still no reply from Olight
    "Just blame Sixto"

^^Not a good sign!!
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links