Fenix lights?

Fenix lights?

This is a discussion on Fenix lights? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; • Utilizes a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours • Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel • General ...

Thread: Fenix lights?

Fenix lights?

• Utilizes a Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours

• Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel

• General Mode: 9 lumens (65hrs) -> 40 lumens (13hrs) -> 90 lumens (4.8hrs) -> SOS

• Turbo Mode: 160 lumens (1.8hrs) -> Strobe

• 33 days of survival use (2 continuous

Does anyone here have any idea if this light would be good for a weapon mount like this:

I would probably be using a fobus light mount.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I doubt it. I have one, and the body of the light is a smaller diameter, smaller than a AA Maglite. It's also milled into a hexagon - great for gripping with your hand, but it likely wouldn't jive with that mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    I doubt it. I have one, and the body of the light is a smaller diameter, smaller than a AA Maglite. It's also milled into a hexagon - great for gripping with your hand, but it likely wouldn't jive with that mount.
    If I can get it it into a mount(IF) do you think it would handle the repetative recoil from my SKS?
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I would assume that any reasonably well constructed LED light would hold up; Fenix included. The problem you'll run into is the batteries will compress the spring upon recoil. If this impulse is strong enough, the light will flicker as the circuit is broken. If you go this route, I'd do what I could to ensure there was no possibility of this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post
    I would assume that any reasonably well constructed LED light would hold up; Fenix included. The problem you'll run into is the batteries will compress the spring upon recoil. If this impulse is strong enough, the light will flicker as the circuit is broken. If you go this route, I'd do what I could to ensure there was no possibility of this happening.
    I see. I hadn't thought of that. I really want a weapons grade light from Surefire but $$ is super tight right now.
    Brian

FWIW I received my P3D yesterday and it is a STRONG LIGHT.
    BUY IT !
    -Tin Bender-

"Forgive your enemies , but never forget their names."
    ----J.F.K.----

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Bender View Post
    FWIW I received my P3D yesterday and it is a STRONG LIGHT.
    BUY IT !
    I'm still considering it. I just need to be sure it'll hold up to recoil. According to the wed site it is 2.1 cm in diameter. Thats only roughly 1/8ths short of an inch. I'm pretty sure I can make it work in a Fobus light mount since it is for lights up to an inch in diameter.
    Brian

I suggest giving FENIX a call. I called the other day and the first staff member didn't know SQUAT. I finally was able to hook up with a staff member who answered my questions. I would imagine only the complex circuitry would be the only concern.
    Good luck.
    -Tin Bender-

"Forgive your enemies , but never forget their names."
    ----J.F.K.----

Sponsored Links