Watches

This is a discussion on Watches within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't ask me why I am asking this question on a gun related forum but I haven't really found a watch forum so I will ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Watches

Don't ask me why I am asking this question on a gun related forum but I haven't really found a watch forum so I will ask it here anyway.

I have worn the same watch for years, an old Casio G-SHOCK that has had the battery replaced more than once. Boring. Now I want to get something different since I never really liked the digital watches. It always seemed that you had to read a digital watch where you could just glimpse at a regular watch that has hands. My question to all of you, if you are not all rolling your eyes thinking that this is a really dopey question to be asking here, is what watch do you wear? Do you like or dislike you watch? Why or why not? Are you considering a new watch?

If I didn't post this in the right place I apologize.

2. Remove Ads

Guns, Knives, Watches.... it's all good! :)

I have an atomic g-shock for work, but away from that I prefer analog. I thought I had the perfect watch with my 1553....

but working graves I found myself not knowing what day it was so I switched to a Seiko Diver and have been very happy with it.

It's an autowinder and runs fast (gains 2 minutes in a week), but that's a good thing for me.

Dropped the strap for a nice Zulu band, best band I have had even better than the Rhino's.

Administrator

Thumbs up My Favorite

Is the basic Stocker & Yale military simple style with the glowing Tritium Gas Inserts.
    I like the little "Radio Active" symbol on there.
    It keeps fantastic time. I swiped this particular photo off of Ebay of the mechanical version but my watch looks the same.
    Mine is a S&Y Special Issue electronic (not mechanical) & has this Little Tiny Perfect American Flag on the face.
    I prefer this watch over any of my other watches because mine weighs almost nothing at all!
    I can wear it all the time & don't even know that I'm wearing it.
    The "glass" is rock crystal & not plastic & so I've not managed to put any scratches on mine yet...& I really like that because I am tough on watches.
    Warning!...Be careful iffen you buy one off Ebay because if it's NEW but "old stock" then the tritium gas could be already "spent" & it might not glow at night anymore.
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 24th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

DC Founder
    Rolex Yachtmaster Platinum. Not the most practical watch to wear everyday but I pretty much do wear it all the time.

One of these days I will get a knock around watch and it will probably be one of the Luminox or Smith & Wesson Tritium watches. I don't like digital watches and since I have worn a diver's watch for years so I could dive in my "everyday" watch wet, I pretty much stick to that style.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Well, after my vintage 1930s Bulova was stolen, I decided to get a new watch. I've always liked the Victorinox Swiss Army watches, because they're neat looking and well-made timepieces (I mean, if it's Swiss made, it has to be well made, right? ) and it's a nostalgic thing because my very first knife was a Swiss Army.

I have the original model with black face.

image ©Victorinox Swiss Army
    Last edited by Betty; April 25th, 2005 at 10:39 AM. Reason: can't spell
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

1952 - 2006

Citizen Eco-Drive

My watch is the Citizen Eco-Drive Diver's Watch. It's powered by any light source, never needs batteries, when fully charged it will run for 6 months without a light source. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it drops about 45 seconds a year. It costs about $175. I'm very impressed with it.
    Attached Images
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

My watch? Black plastic. Just like my pistol.

Timex Ironman. Much as I'd love to wear a Rolex (Nice one, Bumper!) or Breitling, for me the plastic digitals are more practical. I work all hours and travel a lot, so I need a 24hr/day/date display and alarms. The stopwatch and timers come in handy for workouts.

SSKC

I wear a Seiko Orange Monster with stainless steel bracelet.

Here's a pic of one. It's not my watch or my photographic work though...

Chris

Just couldn't let go of this thread.....although I don't own one, this was pretty cool lookin.....tried to find one with an hourglass...no luck! I do like the unusual
    Attached Images
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Assistant Administrator
    I am SO boring re watches!! Total functionality is all I want and some robustness. Had a few Casios over the years but last few years - a Timex ''Expedition''. New strap now and again - and that works for me.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Prospector ~ That Was Great!

TIMEX Expedition
    They keep GREAT time.
    The only thing I didn't about the one that I had was that I scratched the face up too easily. But it was an accurate watch.

Rado DiaStar. Swiss quality. Scratch proof. Love it.

That is it in my Avatar picture.
    Last edited by DDGator; April 29th, 2005 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add additional comment
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

My Stainless Steel Rolex GMT II + My H&K P7M13.
    Attached Images

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I'm thinking of a Grand Lupah Invicta, Model 2234.

At least I can see the numbers on a vibrating Harley at highway speeds, that is, when I slow down to highway speeds.

Cool Seiko Divers: Japanese Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician
    Don't ask me why I am asking this question on a gun related forum but I haven't really found a watch forum so I will ask it here anyway.

I have worn the same watch for years, an old Casio G-SHOCK that has had the battery replaced more than once. Boring. Now I want to get something different since I never really liked the digital watches. It always seemed that you had to read a digital watch where you could just glimpse at a regular watch that has hands. My question to all of you, if you are not all rolling your eyes thinking that this is a really dopey question to be asking here, is what watch do you wear? Do you like or dislike you watch? Why or why not? Are you considering a new watch?

If I didn't post this in the right place I apologize.
    I've worn the same Seiko Diver's Model since 1981. Bought it at the PX then for $110. It's been dropped out of helicopters, quarter-tons and tanks. It's taken me thru the jungles of Panama and I'm wearing it right now. I have to change the rubber wrist band ever year or so as they get sun damaged and crack. Runs just fine. I have a Rolex I inherited from my dad. He bought it in 1955 I think. It's plain-Jane looks like a steel cased timex. THAT baby took me thru the rigors of the Infantry Officers Basic Course at Fort Benning, GA in 1980, before I got the Seiko. Hated to take an heirloom to the woods. My Seiko is an old "self winder" winds by the movement of the body. I remember once, cutting a cord of wood with a chainsaw and wondering if I was winding the dang thing for the next century! LOL

Funny thing, most army officers I know either have the Rolex Divers or the Seiko Divers and most all SpecOps guys have the Rolex. I think it's part of their uniform. At least that's what they say. LOL
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links