Everyday Carry Packs

Everyday Carry Packs

This is a discussion on Everyday Carry Packs within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guy's and girls i need some info.I have found that as i get older i carry more stuff around with me and a purse ...

Thread: Everyday Carry Packs

Everyday Carry Packs

Hey guy's and girls i need some info.I have found that as i get older i carry more stuff around with me and a purse is out of the question.I see and hear about guys that use "raid Packs" and other military types of packs for their every day companion to carry everything from Palm pilots,lap tops to gym attire,change of clothes,guns,ammo you name it.I'm looking for something on this order but that will fit me and who and what i am.That is a 49 year old man,married with 2 childern[1 in college,other in High school]salesman,ordinary citizen.Those "raid packs" i mentioned earlier are quality packs but i can not see me toting one of these around all the time.I'm looking for versatility.Help me out.

Maxpedition Fatboy perhaps?

DC Founder
    I carry a simple Kelty backpack. It's black and gray. It's definitely not military looking. And when I carry it over one shoulder, nobody gives me a second look. I carry it to work every day and anywhere I need to lug more than will fit in my pockets, including vacations. It has a large padded back compartment that a laptop or a notebook will fit in, a middle compartment that has a couple of pockets in it and a much smaller compartment. I carry my gun (when I can't carry my gun) in the middle and my Surefire, knife, extra magazines, extra lighter and extra smokes in the outside. I think I paid $40 for it and works great.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Maxpedition makes good, durable "manly" gear that doesn't make you look like you're toting a purse. My brother totes the Fatboy that Euclidean mentioned. If that's too small, try the backpack Baby Condor or that photo/laptop/office bag. There's a poster of all their gear here.

If that stuff looks too "tactical" and you'd rather go discreet, try the Victorinox line. Their Precision Gear line has some very nice pieces. I've ordered from ebags.com before, and they ship fast.

I have three Victorinox pieces, the Edelweiss monopack, good for overnight travel, the small Zurich, just big enough for wallet, keys, camera, PDA and daily odds n' ends, and the Werks traveler's tote that's built like a tank.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    You scare me Betty.

VIP Member
    Hey, if you ever need someone to go shopping for handba...er..., bags for you, I'm the one to talk to.

(Don't look in my closet.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Hey, if you ever need someone to go shopping for handba...er...,
    You mean 'handlebars,' don't you"

Are you kidding! You scare the conchos off of me! There's either a .577 calibre electric gattling gun in your closet or Jimmy Hoffa reading a copy of SWAT. Either way, I don't want to know.

Thanks Betty, from now on I'm just going to direct all my question and request to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    Hey, if you ever need someone to go shopping for handba...er..., bags for you, I'm the one to talk to.

I'm afraid to know whether you have more guns, blades, or bags!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Sponsored Links