9 LED Mini-Light - Cheap!

This is a discussion on 9 LED Mini-Light - Cheap! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to Wal-Mart today and bought a Garrity 9 LED light. Its small, bright, has a lanyard, a rear push-button on/off switch, and best of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 LED Mini-Light - Cheap!

9 LED Mini-Light - Cheap!

Went to Wal-Mart today and bought a Garrity 9 LED light. Its small, bright, has a lanyard, a rear push-button on/off switch, and best of all - its under $10.00.

I tried it out, and while its no Sure Fire - its a pretty good little bedside light. It runs for 60 hours on 3 AAA batteries. It fits nicely in a closed fist.

Here's a link that shows a picture: http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=KO35G

2. Remove Ads

That looks like a good light for use at work so I can find all the little screws I always drop.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    Seems there are ever more multiple LED lights coming out - and most IMO represent very good value.

Good to have one in each room (at least) - and truck, car, shop ..........
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Hmmm time to go to Wally World again. A couple of those for Hurricane Season seem like a great value.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

If you want a few cheap LED flashlights to leave around the house then it's worth checking out eBay, there are lots for sale.
    Just a quick search of 'LED flashlight' got me a set of four 9 LED flashlights selling for $6 + $9 shipping.
    If I had looked further I would've probably found better deals, but certainly better deals than Wal*Mart...

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1255

Two 9 led lights for $5.23 shipped. They also have a bulk deal, where 6 lights would cost you $13.32.

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post

Two 9 led lights for $5.23 shipped. They also have a bulk deal, where 6 lights would cost you $13.32.
    I have a couple of the older ones of this type and they have been pretty good lights. Very easy on batteries. These new ones should be great.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

i bought an LED flashlight some years ago at an eckerd's pharmacy; it has about 21 or so LEDs, aircraft aluminum body, is titanium grey, is only 3", takes 3 AAA batteries, cost me less than $20, and was called "the commando light" (to satisfy my inner mall ninja). it's been dropped in a river, left in the rain overnight, dropped from 3 stories, still works, and still bright as all heck. at less than $20, this light is a steal. here's a link to a take a look at it: http://store.advancedmart.com/al21ulbrwhle.html

At the last gun show I went to, I got a 9 LED light for $5. It's all aluminum and feels solid. I also bought a "Spy Torch" 21 LED light for $20. Yesterday I saw a package of 9 LED lights (6pack I think) for under $15 at BJs. Lights are getting cheap so there's no excuse for not having a few of them.

I heard good things about Cabela's $20 LED light and I bought two. They are bright and work on two AA's...but each has had a switch problem...not so with my SureFire...

I've had the SureFire E2e for 4+ years. It ALWAYS works (and it's been testED)...yep, it's not a cheapie...but I'm beginning to think that you get what you pay for...

I now only depend upon my SureFire...the others stick around the house and car for a backup...

Stay armed...SureFire...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I heard good things about Cabela's $20 LED light and I bought two. They are bright and work on two AA's...but each has had a switch problem...not so with my SureFire...

I've had the SureFire E2e for 4+ years. It ALWAYS works (and it's been testED)...yep, it's not a cheapie...but I'm beginning to think that you get what you pay for...

I now only depend upon my SureFire...the others stick around the house and car for a backup...

Stay armed...SureFire...stay safe!

ret

Sure, I depend on one solid reliable light for EDC, but it's nice to have lights scattered around the house - bedside, medicine cabinet, next to the toilet, in the garage, top and bottom of the steps... why NOT go with cheapie LEDs that will not break the bank, but still do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Jchoo View Post

That is a great site! They have some very powerful lights for as little as $20 or so. I'm talking upwards of 60 -75 lumens and up! Here's a godd example:http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

I once thought 'more is better' in LED lights. No more.

Check out the 2 pack 3 watt LED luxeon light @ Sams Club. For $28 you get 2 lights with at least a 80 lumen output (this is pretty bright).

So for $14/ea you get a light about as bright as those Surefire E1e xenon lamps-of course you should not strap one on to your Benelli S90 but hey-$14
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDawg View Post
    I once thought 'more is better' in LED lights. No more.

Check out the 2 pack 3 watt LED luxeon light @ Sams Club. For $28 you get 2 lights with at least a 80 lumen output (this is pretty bright).

So for $14/ea you get a light about as bright as those Surefire E1e xenon lamps-of course you should not strap one on to your Benelli S90 but hey-$14
    I carry a 160 lumen single Cree LED from Fenix. I do believe that there is a rightful place for alkaline powered, multiple 5mm LED lighting - and that is as flood/room lighting for camping, roadside emergencies, and power outages, as well as general puttering about the shed or garage.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Dang I just found that Garrity 9 bulb for $5.68 and thought I had a scoop!
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links