Pocket LED light - Page 4

Pocket LED light

This is a discussion on Pocket LED light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost So very true. Once you start actually processing what might occur if someone were to break into your home or attack ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pocket LED light

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    So very true. Once you start actually processing what might occur if someone were to break into your home or attack you in the dark you suddenly realize that some sort of immediate access light is an absolute must.
    I have taken a couple of classes that were specifically about low light (and no natural light) shooting. It made me appreciate how adding darkness to the mix can make me feel so awkward. Part of the time, with targets set up side-by-side, we had to light up the targets one-at-a-time as we continually moved/ changed our position. This was to practice not being tracked by the bad guy in the dark. We had to shoot certain numbers/colored paper while leaving others. It was worse than walking and chewing gum at the same time.

My instructor said many people actually are surprised how well they shoot (basically one handed) while holding a flashlight and only shooting during one of the brief moments that the target is illuminated. I suppose sometimes people shoot better when they can't process everything at once, including the common, anxious thoughts of "how to get it right" during two-handed, "no flashlight" shooting.

Streamlight protac 2L
    About $70 at Dicks but I got mine on ebay for $47. New original pkg.
    285 lumens is plenty bright enough for me.

I never go anywhere without my Streamlight Protac 1L clipped to my LEFT front pocket. Left front pocket also holds SABRE pepper gel. I always try to keep my right hand free, so that I can draw either my gun or my Spiderco.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    My EDC flashlight is a Streamlight Stylus PRO. It fits just right in my shirt pocket, the folding ruler pocket of my Carhartt pants or in one of the front pockets of my dress Sunday go to meeting pants. Seems like I use this light everyday for something.
    SCGunLover1

You are spot on with the Fenix brand.....

VIP Member
    After learning a bit from Mike1956 on use of light I began carrying one about a week ago. Before that I had them all around house, car and boat but now I have a small one that comfortably fits in my pocket and goes with me everywhere. Small enough for a shirt pocket but nasty aluminum case with edges around bulb. Fits the hand like a roll of dimes but has the nasty edges on the one end.

I'm a convert.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Fenix are great lights. For a pocket light I would look at the PD25 or if you would prefer AA, the 2017 edition LD12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a AA LED Streamlight that's about the size of a large pen that I like very much. It is exceptionally bright for its size and I like the fact that it uses AAs. I believe I got it on amazon for about $40. I prefer to have lights that run on AAs or AAAs because replacement batteries are cheaper and generally more widely available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links