UPS lost my Surefire E2E Executive...

This is a discussion on UPS lost my Surefire E2E Executive... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, about two weeks ago UPS claims to have delivered my new Surefire light. They didn't. However, this isn't about that. This is about the ...

Thread: UPS lost my Surefire E2E Executive...

UPS lost my Surefire E2E Executive...

Well, about two weeks ago UPS claims to have delivered my new Surefire light. They didn't. However, this isn't about that. This is about the excellent customer service given me by the Surefire customer service folks. I sent an email the same day as the incident occured and promptly received a reply stating that they would file a claim with UPS. Two days later UPS arrived and had me sign a document stating that I had not received the item. Well, today I received my Surefire e2e executive light at no additional charge to me, and I couldnt be happier. Surefire is to be commended on their excellent and fast customer service and I suppose UPS is to be given at least a bit of credit for getting the paperwork through quickly and finally delivering the light to me!

2. Remove Ads

It's always good to hear about a company that really takes care of its customers!

Sure fire makes a great line of lights and it is good to hear that they will handle any problem that comes up, even a light lost in shipment!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    It's always good to hear about a company that really takes care of its customers!

Sure fire makes a great line of lights and it is good to hear that they will handle any problem that comes up, even a light lost in shipment!
    +1!

Here Here... a Cheer to Surefire!

While UPS or any carrier for that matter, may blow off an individual, they aren't so quick to blow off a major manufacturer. It's nice to see Surefire took care of it, and sent you a new one free of charge!

Awesome customer service in my book!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That is very cool of Surefire, but I won't give any credit to UPS...I hate that brown truck...they have screwed me over way too many times...anymore when I order things, I make sure to ask if they are shipping UPS, if they are, then I usually find someone else to order from, or will pay to have them ship with another carrier....thats how much I'm disgusted with UPS. Oh, and I won't ship with them either. But big ups to Surefire!
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Yup we ship and receive every day and have had to get away from UPS or is that OOPS. Seem to loose a lot of stuff and can never track the loss past a distribution point. Gone over to DHL as of late.

Surefire has always seemed like a class act though.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I won't defend UPS by any means, but I will say this: I have never had a package lost/misdelivered/stolen on my normal UPS guy's watch. The day my package went missing was on a week when the main guy was on vacation, so bad timing for me, evidently. I get packages all the time, and this was the first to disappear. Regardless, my faith in UPS is badly shaken and I will probably try to ship USPS from now on when given the opportunity.

USPS...?

Quote Originally Posted by Breakdaddy View Post
    I won't defend UPS by any means, but I will say this: I have never had a package lost/misdelivered/stolen on my normal UPS guy's watch. The day my package went missing was on a week when the main guy was on vacation, so bad timing for me, evidently. I get packages all the time, and this was the first to disappear. Regardless, my faith in UPS is badly shaken and I will probably try to ship USPS from now on when given the opportunity.
    Now there is a rock solid organization with no problems...

UPS loses it enroute, but USPS can lose it right at the postal center...

ret

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good customer service make for a good day. I have never lost a package with UPS or had a damaged product. If only the post office could do as good.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now there is a rock solid organization with no problems...

UPS loses it enroute, but USPS can lose it right at the postal center...

ret

ret
    I hate USPS of all carriers! Expensive, crappy attitudes and more losses with them than any other carriers combined.

I've had no problems with UPS, one problem with Fed Ex but a friend had to sue Fed Ex for losing over $150,000 in money receipts and they didn't even show up for court. He ended up getting a judgement from them on a follow up visit to court.

Some carriers are definitely better than others... I also think it's a regional thing at times. But I do find the US Postal Service to be the worst of the lot!

YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've had PLENTY of negative experiences with UPS. They picked the right color, BROWN, to represent themselves, all they are missing is the stink.

Oh wait , no nothing is missing, their service S T I N K S !!!!!!

They are the VERY last option on my list if I'm having something delivered.

Good for Surefire. I'm not in the market for a light, but if and when the time comes I'll start with them.

If I stopped using carriers that I've had problems with I'd have to drive all my packages everywhere.

UPS drove right past my house when my wife and I took turns being home to sign for guns. Then the driver said he tried to deliver. They also give me a hard time every time I ship a gun.

Fed Ex is just freakin' expensive. $120 round trip for two pistols to Bozeman Montana.

USPS and I had a war for 18 months because they would not deliver my mail. No bills, no cc statements, no letters, no bank statements, just junk mail. Many phone calls and hours waisted on that deal.

DHL won't ship firearms at all.

No matter what, when you deal with humans, your gonna have problems.

That is except for Surefire.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

USPS is admittedly not my favorite carrier, but I have yet to have a problem with them and FedEx is absolutely abysmal out here for some reason. Every Fedex package I order is two days later than estimated delivery date and DHL is worse because our delivery guy here likes to slack of and pretend he came by and you weren't home even though you are. Despite complaints, they keep that fellow in their employ. My neighbors have the same experience, sadly. Anyhow, USPS or UPS are my only practical options. I spoke with Johnny, my UPS carrier, today and he offered to hide my packages out back for me. He is a good guy, and I appreciated him going out of his way like this for me.

Links