OK So I need a cart. - Page 2

OK So I need a cart.

This is a discussion on OK So I need a cart. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shoot with guys that use a modified golf cart (hand push). It works well and holds a lot of ammo too. When your done ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK So I need a cart.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I shoot with guys that use a modified golf cart (hand push). It works well and holds a lot of ammo too. When your done fold it up and put it in the trunk.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

miggy that is really funny. i was roflmao reading this. dont forget to get some tent poles and get a tarp to go over top like this:

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Personally, I'd rather take one of these to the range. I think that they make camo ones if you're worried that it's not taticool enough for you
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Hmm dare i be the first to suggest ......................

A Tactical Wheelbarrow ???

ROFLMAO
    We only have to worry if his new dog is a chihuahua!

VIP Member
    OK Clowns.. enough grief!

Here is where I am so far:

First, I painted the damn wagon. I can take it here but with the lovely wife sniping at me every 5 seconds I had to change the color

I used Rust-Oleum Multi color textured spray paint in some greenish color. I highly recomend to use a flat base paint first since red is a nasty color to paint over and the textured paint is $2 more expensive that the regular. It dries to a nice sandy to the touch surface and it looks great.

I thought you guys and ladies may want to see the cvapacity of the wagon so here is the official Miggy Range Cooler, dry box and range bag.

I disassembled the wooden sides into the slates and the whatchamacallits that held them together. I was racking my brain all day trying to figure out how to carry the long guns alongside the wagon till I realized the whatchamacallits might do the trick by placing one on the outside and one in the inside. The space given was not much so I added a spacer at the bottom cut from one of the slates and it gives me the space.

The spacers were glued and nailed. Next will be to sand down all rough surfaces and edges & paint them. I am thinking on covering the whatchamacallits with the foam tube used in air conditioning pipes.

Still to come: the rig to carry the folding chairs and umbrella. And I already have an idea working courtesy of the pic posted by palmgopher...... <evil laugh>
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

That's exactly the kind of cart I use for Cowboy Action! -- only mine has wire hoops that drop into the stakes and a Conestoga cover.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

From what you show in the wagon, when disassembled, I think you need a bigger cart or a trailer.

Senior Moderator
    Blender, you need a blender..........

and little umbrella's to go in your drinks.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    First, I painted the damn wagon. I can take it here but with the lovely wife sniping at me every 5 seconds I had to change the color
    Yes, a little olive drab wagon is so much more manly than a little red one.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    From what you show in the wagon, when disassembled, I think you need a bigger cart or a trailer.
    I should have explaines earlier. my fault. I very seldom do static range work but most my shooting is competition. IDPA, Tactical Rifle and 3-Gun which makes you move from stage to stage. I am designing around my worst case scenario and that would be our local 3 gun so I need space in the wagon for 2 long guns and what you see in there. Handgun, ammo and assorted small stuff goes in the range bag and all ammo for shotgun and rifle goes in the dry box. And the wife is really getting tired to come along IDPDA Sponsored matches to help me move stuff....
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Talking M.U.L.E.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Didn't the Army or the Marine Corps propose something like that in the early/mid-90s?....I think it was called the MULE?

....or maybe it's those voices in my head again.....
    Army for sure,101st had 'em in the early 1980's when I was with them.

VIP Member
    I know you are already working on one, but later if you need to upgrade consider this one.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...1443_200311443
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Im looking for one i can ride to the range and then take in .. or i need one of them illegals doing the job of carry my stuff i don't want to do

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I know you are already working on one, but later if you need to upgrade consider this one.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...1443_200311443
    I saw that one dr_cmg.... did I mention I have a Northern Tool store about 4-5 miles from where I live? <evil laugh> I am usually not allowed to go there alone or with any monetary instrument above $20.
    Back to that wagon.. it is too heavy. They had one assembled and the thought of picking that thing up and put it in the back of my truck made me shudder for my spine's health. The size is great and you could actually do some work and attach seats to that sucker but forget about moving it in and out of the truck without a ramp and a winch.

pgrass101, you mean something like this blender?
    Randy Cain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links