OK So I need a cart.

This is a discussion on OK So I need a cart. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally done.... The metal tray was too flimsy so I discarded it. I went ahead and re-did it all in wood (3/8 playwood for the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OK So I need a cart.

VIP Member
    Finally done....

The metal tray was too flimsy so I discarded it. I went ahead and re-did it all in wood (3/8 playwood for the bottom and 3 inch decorative baseboard for the sides) I did re-use all the wheels, tires and assembly.

It is a bit heavier but still easy for me to load and unload. I ended up doing L brackets out of 2x1, screwed & glued and the long gun cases fit great. I will add skateboard tape to the inside of the brackets so the cases don't slide off during transport.

One of the things thac I did not want was for the brackets to stick out when I did not need them. The brackets are attched with screws and wing nuts so they can be removed if needed but just rmoving one and folding the brackets against the side seems to be doing the trick nicely.

Last thing that needs, at insistance of the wife, is some sort of attachment/hitch to slide a big umbrella for those Sun-Intensive South Florida days. The only thing that comes to mind is a piece of PVC pipe but that woule be making something tacky even tackier.

Final internal dimensions are 34x14 and stands 15" from the ground at the top.

And no, it is not going to be repainted red. And it is painted hunter green because I like the color. And JD: It is a TACTICAL LITTLE GREEN WAGON
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Looks good Miggy.

I will add skateboard tape to the inside of the brackets so the cases don't slide off during transport.
    I would put a screw in eye bolt or hook between the brackets, one each side, then stretch a bungee cord over so it holds both rifles down. probably give you more peace of mind over bumpy ground.

VIP Member
    That makes sense Pete.... I shall do so. Thanks for the tip.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

I saw a small pull cart that was made to haul around gardening tools that might be worth looking at in my Northern Tool catalog. But you could put a kickazz custom paint theme on that little wagon.Chuck.

For obvious safety reasons, with whatever wagon you eventually purchase/build...may I suggest that you also wear a helmet (bike/motorcycle) from the trunk to the range...it would complete the 'look'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    everybody is a comedian in this forum

Randy Cain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links