So I'm watching one of those cheesey morning TV infomercials and saw an add for the Cobra Stun Light. I rean a search here and didn't see anyhting.
They claim that it's in use by Police and Security ALL OVER THE WORLD!! Yet I've never heard of it, it seems like a decent product, but I didn't care for the other BS about how this is the thing for people who don't want a gun.
They made a key point of "What if your gun gets taken from you"
So let me get this straight, if you feel a BG is going to be able to get a gun away from you, what's to keep them from getting your flashlight?
They make a strong case for this light being better than standard pepper spray claiming that it has a range of 20', and it has a laser which will make the BG wonder about what you really have in your hand.
Apparently the Chicago City Council was looking at these for a new less than lethal apparatus, but they still ahd qulams about officers misusing the flashlight
The specs say that you get 5-6 1 second bursts...is that enough OC/Pepper spray for multiple BGs?
Google didn't turn up much except for the Chicago bit, and this review
Also, while this may be good in the car/home, how are you going to carry this else where?
- Length 12.5 in/32 cm
- Weight 1.6 lbs/0.72 kg
- Shots 5 to 6 One-second bursts
- Range Up to 20 ft. / 6 m
- Aiming Device Class 1 Laser --- Eye-safe range
- Temp. Range -4oF to 120oF / -20oC to 49oC
- Run Time 1.5 hours of continuous runtime
- LED Lifetime 100,000 Hours / 10 years
- Brightness 90+ lumens per sq meter
- High-intensity, Rechargeable Police Flashlight
- Psychological Deterring Red Laser to guide your aim
- Circle of Protection - Immobilizes Assailants up to 20 ft
- Rugged Airplane-grade Aluminum Body
- Defends Against Numerous Attackers
- Water/Shock Resistant
- Full Illumination for Two (2) Continuous Hours
Any body have any expereince with these things?