Where are good deals on Surefires?

This is a discussion on Where are good deals on Surefires? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have decided to buy Surefire 6P's as gifts for the groomsmen at my wedding. Figure that is the perfect gift for a marine, sailor, ...

I have decided to buy Surefire 6P's as gifts for the groomsmen at my wedding. Figure that is the perfect gift for a marine, sailor, paramedic, and teacher. If I can help it, I would like to avoid breaking the bank on this one. So far, I am finding them at $58 give or take a few pennies. Does anyone know of a place selling them for significantly less?

Congratulations!

Using- http://www.google.com/products

I found them for $48.99 + $5.50, each additional $0.35 for shipping at-

http://blujay.com/item/Surefire-6PBK...030300-1322722

VIP Member
    I took my time and picked my last two Surefires up on e-Bay at a very good savings!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I would love to have a Surefire, but they take those darn nonstandard batteries. I need something that runs off of rechargeable AA's

Anyone know of any?
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

why dont' you get them a cheaper surefire....if they don't have one now at all, they'll love even the basic one and it's half the price for you!

I vote for eBay. Thats where I buy most of my stuff, if you take your time you can find some really good deals.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    I would love to have a Surefire, but they take those darn nonstandard batteries. I need something that runs off of rechargeable AA's

Anyone know of any?
    Fenix lights makes one
    https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...7ec134812f71bf

Why not get them Nitrolon G-2's? Same as the 6P except plastic and you can find them for around $35. They are SureFire's and available in black, bright yellow, desert tan and OD green. I got 15 of the Lithium CR123's today at the gun show for $19. I hate to say it, but AA's just don't provide the intensity as the little Lithiums.

These are tactical lights. Not utility lights. Sure they can be used for finding a set of dropped keys in a dark movie theater. But they're better for illuminating a bad guy in a dark parking garage and thereby also blinding him thus allowing you to change positions and eliminate the threat if necessary. I stockpile the batteries. They have a shelf life in excess of 10 years. Don't skimp on stuff that's for saving lives....maybe your own.
    Last edited by ExSoldier; July 28th, 2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: format
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Why not get them Nitrolon G-2's? Same as the 6P except plastic and you can find them for around $35. They are SureFire's and available in black, bright yellow, desert tan and OD green
    +1 I have the G-2 in OD and love it. I used to take a 6v lantern when I took the dog out, now I just take the surefire, it works better.

Anyone know of any?
    You do realize that they make rechargeable CR123A's right?

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

We offer forum member pricing on SF lights, rails and knives. Drop us a line if we can help. sales@GRTactical.com

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Sam's Club is selling a nice led flashlightthat comes in a package of 2 for $28 .It takes 3 triple a batteries place in plastic spacer.Batteries
    have a run life of 20 hours and led has I think 1000 hours.The light body is aluminum.It's not a surefire but it's a nice light.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Anyone know of any?
    The CR123 battery is hardly "non-standard." It's just newer, and more expensive, to be sure. But from my understanding, it's got a better shelf life and I'm pretty sure is noticeably more powerful and with longer run-time than AA batteries. There's got to be some reason why all the high-end high-output flashlights are designed to use it.

If you want a light that runs AAs, try a MiniMag LED. But that's not a tactical light by any means. It's a great utility light, though, and you'll get a lot of good light from it.

I've got 3 6P's and 1 G2. I got the the 6P's and the batteries from Surefire's website. The 6P's were a little higher (58.00), but hey've got the best price I've found for their batteries (12 @ 21.00), plus free shipping w/ any order over 99.00. I didn't find the prices on eBay all that great after shipping was added. Just my .02. Good luck

Eric
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Why not get them Nitrolon G-2's? Same as the 6P except plastic and you can find them for around $35. They are SureFire's and available in black, bright yellow, desert tan and OD green. I got 15 of the Lithium CR123's today at the gun show for $19. I hate to say it, but AA's just don't provide the intensity as the little Lithiums.
    And if you really want a BRIGHT tactical light buy one of these 3 watt CREE LED replacement light assemblies and drop it in the G2. They have a 100,000 hr life span and are at least 2 to 3 times as bright as the 65 lumen G2 bulb. Since they are a solid state device they are pretty durable, much more so than the bulbs in the Surefire lights. Another up side is they run for something like 2 hours or better on a set of batteries. I have one in my G2 and 6P, won't go back to the 65 lumen bulbs. When you put one in the G2 or 6P leave off the outer spring and they fit perfect. (They come with a inner spring and a outer spring around the barrel.)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1447
    gunfighter 48
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!!
    NRA Life Member

Links