Agrips for Glocks

Agrips for Glocks

This is a discussion on Agrips for Glocks within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have seen these nifty grips online and I am curious if they are as nice as they are raved about, I recently got a ...

Agrips for Glocks

I have seen these nifty grips online and I am curious if they are as nice as they are raved about, I recently got a G-30 and I am contimplating putting these "velvet like indestructable grips on it" Has any one got these on their glocks or have any experience with them ???

velvet would only work on a pimp's handgun. You want sandpaper or something really abrasive. I don't see anything wrong with factory grips.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Had Um Pulled um off in 5 minutes after I put the gun in my holster. They grab your clothing and your holster, and if you dont' wear an undershirt and carry a IWB, Plan on some chaffing. For me its harder to establish a shooting grip with these when your drawing from a holster, also, your shirt will come out with your gun when you draw. I've got the G29 (same gun as the 30 but 10mm), the thing that helped me the most due to having big "PAWS" is adding the littel 5 dollar extentsion in the bottom of the grip. That litterly made all the differnce in the world and saved me from getting ride of that gun and frame size.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I bit and purchased the "A" grips. Put them on and hated them. I was not impressed with their fit or feel. Too squishy. I promptly went to Lowe's and bought non-skid (skateboard) tape for $5 and applied to the grip. Big difference! I did my G19 first then my G23 (house gun). I'll use nothing else from here out.

HKR
    I tried the skateboard tape as well as the precut 'Decal
    Grips', but they catch on clothes, skin, etc. I went to Walmart, bought a universal bike tire tube(Bell's 20") and made my own. You can customize to your hearts content and they offer really good grip even with sweaty hands. $4 gets you enough tube for 10 or 15 guns even if you mess a few up. Sounds like one of those too cheap and simple to be any good ideas(thats what I thought.). Now its the only grip mod I make to my Glocks.

I tried the A grip on my XD-45 twice. I really liked the grip, the fit and feel was great. The problem I had is its way to sensitive to cleaners. It would start to peel up from the edges if the CLP I used got to it. I even called and emailed the manufacturer and they said they would send me some stronger glue to use around the edges. But it never showed up.

I know if really took care cleaning it would have worked but I decided it was not worth the hassle of insuring no cleaner got on them. I ended up ordering some rubber decal grips and have had no problems with them so far.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Links