Problem with a merchant / warning

This is a discussion on Problem with a merchant / warning within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure where to post this. Almost a month ago (July 3) I ordered a mag holder and an Uncle Mike's gun pouch from these ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with a merchant / warning

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Problem with a merchant / warning

Not sure where to post this.

Almost a month ago (July 3) I ordered a mag holder and an Uncle Mike's gun pouch from these guys:

www.productwizard.com/

The Product Wizard
    2161 Whitesville Road, Suite C
    Toms River, NJ 08755
    customersupport@productwizard.tv

Yeah I should have stuck with a reputable gun business. They are a Yahoo store. Their site brags that they have 6 shipping points to ensure timely delivery. Mag holder came a week later. So far, still no gun pouch. They haven't returned 2 emails. Their info page for my order does not show shipper or shipping info (tracking number). Trying to see if they've charged me yet but dang it by bank is down at the moment.

Anybody else done business with them? Know them?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    From Superpages.com

Product Wizard The
    2161 Whitesville Rd
    Toms River, NJ 08755
    (732) 905-4499

Try calling them.

Toms River is a tiny village, pop. 7465 in 1990. If you get no answer or number not in service, look up the Toms River PD and give them a polite call on their business number (check superpages.com if you need it) . . . ask them who the principal parties are and how you can contact them (after explaining why). Small towns like this, everyone knows everybody.

Good luck.
    NRA Instructor

It took me over a month to get a refund, with numberous emails and phone calls. I just won't order from companies that are that slow.

VIP Member
    Tom's River, NJ, is NOT a tiny little berg. From Wiki:

As of the United States 2000 Census, the township had a total population of 89,706. The United States Census Bureau's 2005 population estimate was 94,660, making it one of the fastest growing cities in New Jersey as well as the seventh most populous municipality in New Jersey.
    This is probably the source of the confusion (also from Wiki):

"Toms River" at one time referred only to the village of Toms River, a small part of the vast Township of Dover that included several other distinct settlements. With the United States Postal Service's adoption of Toms River mailing addresses for Dover Township, coupled with demographic changes in the other sections, those inside and outside began referring to all of mainland Dover Township as Toms River.[9][15] In the 1990 Census, the census-designated place called "Toms River" only included the downtown village area that included fewer than 8,000 residents in 1990. Due to complaints of confusion, the CDP was broadened to include all of mainland Dover Township to better reflect the more common usage for the area[5].
    I have many relatives that live "down the shore" in Jersey, and have been to Tom's River many times... I have no experience with the retailer, but it's not a tiny country town where the PD is going to send an officer down there to investigate a late shipment of a gun pouch...

Good luck with your problem - I hope they do right by you.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I ordered a Galco Stow-n-go from them and had no problems at all.

UPDATE:

Finally got into the bank's site. Charged July 4 for full amount. I understand most places don't charge until they've shipped. Guess I'll be giving them a call Monday if not tomorrow (thanks for the number). Wonder if one of my neighbors picked up the package at my door...

VIP Member
    I hate to hear stuff like that.

Just got off the phone with them. Backlog of Uncle Mike's stuff due to UM being bought out by Bushnell, this has apparently created a HUGE headache systemwide. Product due to be shipped next week. I hope! Since my other one broke and I was really hoping to have it for vacation August 19.

I have made about 6 orders from them and always been happy. They were easy to reach and helpful. Once they sent me the wrong surefire. When I called to complain they offered for me to keep the one they sent at an incredibly good price and they sent out the right one. They even threw in an EMS discount when they heard my radio in the background. I have purchased flashlights, gunvaults, and asp keychains from them.
    I do not doubt that you had a hard time. I just think that it is an exception and not their norm.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Just got off the phone with them. Backlog of Uncle Mike's stuff due to UM being bought out by Bushnell, this has apparently created a HUGE headache systemwide. Product due to be shipped next week. I hope! Since my other one broke and I was really hoping to have it for vacation August 19.
    That's a weak answer. They should never charge you for a product until they have it and are ready to ship (unless it's maybe a special order or custom work).

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic View Post
    They even threw in an EMS discount when they heard my radio in the background.
    I'll have to try that next time!

Is there a way to edit my earlier post? I only realized that I wrote the wrong word when I read the quote in your post!
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic View Post
    Is there a way to edit my earlier post? I only realized that I wrote the wrong word when I read the quote in your post!
    Yep!...

You have the ability to edit posts for a limited amount of time (I may be wrong here...I think Bumper set the limit at 24 hours?)...after that, moderators can perform edits. I changed your post, and the quoted part in Paramedic's post...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Update:

Just called them again. Product no longer available. Claim they only charged me for partial order initially. Wrong!

Yeah I have gone around once with prodwiz.

I ordered 4 items. Was charged for 3 and they shipped one, backordered the other two.

I called the first week and got a refund for the two backordered.

30 days later, i get a charge for the 3d backordered item. Nothing shipped - they just thought it was time to charge me. I gave em hell and got a refund.

I'd never go back their, they were pretty crummy all around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links