What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps? - Page 2

What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps?

This is a discussion on What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PEF I have found A Zooms do wear quickly when cycled in .45's and 9mm's. Why someone does not make a painted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps?

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I have found A Zooms do wear quickly when cycled in .45's and 9mm's.

Why someone does not make a painted brass snap cap with the polymer primer I do not know. If I reloaded I would just make an empty cartridge and glue in a rubber plug for the primer (For my revolvers I just took spent casings, tapped out the primer and glued in rubber plugs in the primer holes).
    empty cases will not cycle in a semi-auto. I use Pachmayr and never had a problem.
    NRA Lifetime member

"A government big enough to give you everything you
    want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

I load a dummy round with no powder and hot glue as the "primer". I then mark the case with sharpie and use a dremel tool to cut the side of the case so I won't confuse it with live ammo.

The trouble with Azoom is that they work too well. The intent is to be able to safety dry fire the gun without damaging the firing mechanism. Azoom so closely mimics the dimensions of a live round that people end up repeatedly cycling them for reloading drills, misfire drills, etc. Repeating cycling will wear them out, but they last longer than plastic models. I try to stick mostly to dry fire.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

A-Zoom. The transparent Pachmayr snap caps fall apart. The solid orange plastic snap caps develop a deep simple where the firing pin or striker hits the rear of the snap cap.

VIP Member
    I use Azoom but don't forget to clean your gun after using them because they leave little flakes behind.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

With the exception of some .22 rimfire firearms, dry firing most modern guns has VERY little ill-effect. And with rimfires, drywall screw anchors (plastic ones) work well and cost pennies for a big bag.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I recently found on Amazon snap caps by B-Unique Enterprises with all superior user reviews. I am. Buying those next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    leathermaneod likes this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

NRA, GOA

ST Action Pro training dummy rounds are hands down the best, most durable ones I've found. High-vis orange tip, nickel plated, they're perfect.

After checking out the ST Action Pro training dummy rounds it appears they are not actually snap caps as they don't have a "cushion" in the primer area to absorb the striker/firing pin shock. With my Glocks this probably won't hurt anything but I still prefer a snap cap.

NRA, GOA

B's Dry Fire Snap Caps

Today I received the 9mm B's Dry Fire Snap Caps I ordered from Amazon. 10 for $24. I am so impressed with these snap caps. They are brass cartridges with a bright blue top and the weight of the snap cap is the same at a regular 9mm round. The Amazon user reviews were superior on this product. Last week I called B-Unique Enterprises and asked them if they were planning to sell .45 ACP snap caps and they told me that those and other calibers will be available on Amazon soon. When the .45 ACP's are available I will buy a package of those too. When I called, the man told me to be sure to let them know if I was not totally satisfied and they would do whatever necessary to make me happy.

I have attached a couple of photographs showing the product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps?-snapcap-2.png  

What Is The Best Brand Of Snap Caps?-snapcap-1.png  

SOS24 likes this.

NRA, GOA

I ended up getting the translucent ones with the spring inside, cant stand them. The little primer gets stuck and becomes useless. I look forward to hearing the review on the blue ones

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz1 View Post
    those look interesting but I didnt see any in .45acp? Also I do not like ebay, do they have a storefront or website?
    Have a look see through this guys inventory..

82ndparachuterigger | eBay

Sorry, i missed "you don't like eBay"
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

VIP Member
    The only guns I use snap caps in are:

my S&W old Model 10 because the firing pin is part of the hammer. I use A Zoom and have been happy with them, but don't spend hours dry firing that gun either.

For my Ruger LCR .22 lr I use the yellow dry wall anchors. Owner's manual says you don't have to but it's been dry fired well over 1,000 times TRYING to get the trigger to be a lighter pull. No luck so far though.

No reason to use snap caps with Glocks. That I know of.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

My favorite snap cap is not a snap cap at all, but is laser trainer cartridge. Well, doubles as a snap cap. Kinda pricey, but it never wears out, plus the added advantage of seeing where your round would strike, or if you are jerking the trigger.

https://www.amazon.com/Laserlyte-Las.../dp/B004NKY23E

I've been using a Dry Fire Mag in my Glock. No need to rack the slide between shots. Very nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links