Is A 18oz Bigfoot Gun Belt Too Thick?

This is a discussion on Is A 18oz Bigfoot Gun Belt Too Thick? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bigfoot gun belts is having a $10 off sale until December 26th and I am buying one. I have a Nate Squared N82 Professional IWB ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is A 18oz Bigfoot Gun Belt Too Thick?

Bigfoot gun belts is having a $10 off sale until December 26th and I am buying one. I have a Nate Squared N82 Professional IWB holster. The 18 ounce Bigfoot is .281 inches thick which is slightly more than a quarter inch and the belt is 1.5 inches wide. I am a little concerned that the holster clip will have trouble fitting over the belt.

Does anyone have experience with the thicker 18 ounce Bigfoot belt? Thanks, Bill
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

NRA, GOA

While I do not have the 18oz, I do have the 14oz and it is just a bit too thick for my Bianchi 100 Pro (a leather single clip holster). The clip doesn't completely fit over the belt but it still has a grasp on it.

I see, after googling, that the N82 Pro has a plastic clip. I'd be a bit weary as it very well could have issues cracking after extended stretching. My Bianchi has a metal clip and I don't foresee it breaking any time soon. Perhaps try the slightly thinner 14oz with steel instead?

The Bigfoot gun belt looks nice and works well when I'm carrying all steel (1911's and revolvers). I wear it sometimes when carrying my Shield and I almost forget its there. They had a $10 off sale during Labor Day which is when I bought mine.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

I have the 18 ounce belt. It works great with the Alien Gear IWB. Might want to see about getting different clips sized to the belt. They would hold more secure.

Absolutely love their belts. I have three of them and looking at another strictly for when I have to dress up.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I have one of matthew03's Appalachian Concealment GLADIUS. The 18 oz belt was putting too much pressure on my clip. I contacted Matthew Turner and he said move the SPACERS all to the Belt Side . This made the Holster a perfect fit for the 18 oz Bigfoot Belt.

Is A 18oz Bigfoot Gun Belt Too Thick?-bigfoot-g17-b.jpg

Concealed carry is a genie which will not get back in the bottle, no matter how hard the antis might try. ~ Mike1956

Wizard 7 thanks for your thoughts and for checking out my N82 holster clip on their website. I don't think the clip is really a plastic material but more of strong polymer. I will buy the 18 oz belt and if I have clip issues I can call N82. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA, GOA

Thought about an 18 oz but decide to go with the 14.
    More than strong enough for my needs. Mostly SR9C and smaller.
    It is a bit thicker but you can change out your clip if necessary. My N82's have metal clips.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by BillG174 View Post
    Wizard 7 thanks for your thoughts and for checking out my N82 holster clip on their website. I don't think the clip is really a plastic material but more of strong polymer. I will buy the 18 oz belt and if I have clip issues I can call N82. Thanks again!

Out of curiosity, what will you be putting in that N82?
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

I have two N82 holsters. One for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and one for my Glock 30 Gen 4. I really like the N82 pro holster. It is extremely comfortable

NRA, GOA

Despite being just over 6 ft and 200 lbs, I'm a bit slim at the hips and I've had problems with belts since day one of carry. I went with the BF 18 steel core and though it is an excellent belt and they have absolutely great customer service, it was just too thick for me and I still had to wear suspenders to keep my pant and gun from sliding down my hips had trouble getting the suspender to clamp on the thick belt. I have gone with a14 oz belt with a polymer core that's not as thick but the clamps on my suspenders clamp on the the belt easier.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟

Life Member: VFW, VVA, DVA, VSPA, NRA

Wonder what the hole spacing is on those belts?

Administrator
    I can say with great confidence that a belt that thick will be problematic with some OWB holsters for sure.
    Ianthin and Mike1956 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    Wonder what the hole spacing is on those belts?
    I just measured mine, the 14oz with 7 holes. The hole spacing is 3/4." Great belt btw! In fact it's the only belt I wear anymore, even when I'm not carrying!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I can say with great confidence that a belt that thick will be problematic with some OWB holsters for sure.
    I agree. I have the 14oz and it was a tight fit in my Nelson Wrangler. It's been plenty sturdy enough to support my nearly 50oz P229 Stainless Elite, large multitool, and keep my pants up wile carrying all the other crap I pack every day. I'd say the 18oz is overkill for the vast majority of people.

And Bill, I bought mine during a previous sale they ran. 14oz, steel core. It is fantastic for all the big guns I carry, but even it is just a hair thicker than I'd like for the clips on my White Hat Maxtuck hybrids. They don't move during the day or during the draw, but they could fit a little better.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Thanks everyone. Bigfoot recently changed their belts to 7 holes 3/4 inch apart per customer service call yesterday.

NRA, GOA

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had invested in the 14oz as I had no problem with the heavier belt working with either of my UBG holster.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟

Life Member: VFW, VVA, DVA, VSPA, NRA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links