Tactical / Cargo Pants

Tactical / Cargo Pants

This is a discussion on Tactical / Cargo Pants within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy tactical / cargo parts for the larger man (50ish waist)? Can't seem to find many sites ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 3 Post By LeanHard
  • 2 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Tactical / Cargo Pants

Tactical / Cargo Pants

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy tactical / cargo parts for the larger man (50ish waist)? Can't seem to find many sites that carry them and if I do, not sure if they are worth it or not so I figured I'd ask for some friendly advice.

Thanks.

Dave

I have a 44 inch waist and I have a pair I really like. They are made by a company called Tru-Spec and I got them at a police supply store in Chesterfield, VA.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    LA Police Gear

Pants
    mcp1810 likes this.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.
    A proud member of that "vast right wing conspiracy", and an infidel to boot!

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    make sure you get pants that are made with some stretch material. you'll never buy anything other again. same with jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    make sure you get pants that are made with some stretch material. you'll never buy anything other again. same with jeans.
    I second this! Got a pair of jeans made by wrangler they look just like normal jeans, but stretches and the waist line does as well. This makes them fit nicely with or without a IWB holster. I simply love them and will be buying morem
    "Responsibility is the price of freedom." -Elbert Hubbard

Administrator
    Funny.

Recently purchased some pants from H.K. (Hong Kong)

I liked the style and the depth and almost absurd number of pockets.

Weird sizing there. A 38 waist is a 3XL.

I liked them enough that I just recently purchased another pair.

They do have a few semi problems...problems.

The zipper fly is not quite low enough to easily get Mr. Johnson out to water the garden.

I did like the fact that they have removal protective knee inserts because....my one knee has been giving me problems due to a past injury.

But, I don't have those in the majority of the time for normal daily wear.

Then there is this totally weird thing goin on inside the front pockets with this webbing that runs down to the knee area that is used to position the knee protectors in exactly the right place when you drop to the knee.

Those gizmos are in there with Velcro attachments and I intend to just ditch those. Not necessary for me as my knees seem to be located in the exact correct anatomical position.

OK...I am calling in some Administrative Privilege in tossing the OPs thread off topic to my Chinese....or should I say Chi-Knees pants.
    Brad426 and 5lima30ret like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Security/Police uniform shops will most likely carry what you are looking for.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Sponsored Links