Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight - Page 2

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

This is a discussion on Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by graydude That's similar to my primary gun belt, a Kore gun belt: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts It's sporting an SP101 and holding up the Wranglers ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    That's similar to my primary gun belt, a Kore gun belt: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts It's sporting an SP101 and holding up the Wranglers as I type this.

If you go for a track belt make sure you get one specifically made for gun belt use (internal stiffener). For example, Kore has two versions and specifically tells people not to use the cheaper normal belts to carry guns because they'll wear out quickly. There are several nice things about these track belts, such as how quickly they adjust, the small increments in adjustment, and they don't scream "tacticool" since they look like a normal dress belt.

My Kore gun belt is used daily as my belt, gun or not, and carries most of my guns well. But, my SRH .44 mag and all steel full size 1911 carry better on slightly more beefy belts. For most of my Tupperware or compact pistolas the track belt works fine.

So bottom line, for your heavy armaments you'll prefer a more robust belt.
    I've been looking for a new dress belt, thanks!
    graydude and Rock and Glock like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I think also what you carry matters ..Why I got the Big foot belts as they are steel cored and very very stiff ...I mostly got it for heavy mag pouch and the big full size stuff ... I use a lighter one for the smalelr/plastic stuff
    No difference in support between my P320 or P229 Stainless Elite, that weighs in at nearly 50oz loaded. Love my Bigfoot.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Rock and Glock and Old Man like this.

Ordered a Bigfoot a few months back, during a $10 off sale. Have not regretted it.
    BTW I do believe Bigfoot and Alien Gear belts are the same.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

I have a Hank's belt. Very stuff nice leather and around 39.00 bucks plus shipping. Think it was 45-46 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    My EDC is a stainless steel government Colt OWB, with a mag pouch opposite and a Leatherman.

Ya'll like the steel liner in the Bigfoots?
    I've got the 14 oz, and it holds my government model with no problem!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Senior Moderator
    Here is my preliminary thinking, all of this have a "Quick Ship" Option:

Beltman: Pro: Known to me, Full Grain Leather, Roller Buckles, Poly Core Additional $$, Price, Stitching Submerged; Con: Poly Core Extra

Bigfoot Belts look really nice. PRO: Steel Core, Roller Buckles, Full Grain English Bridal Leather, Stitching Submerged, Price; CON: Steel Core makes TSA PITA

Kore: Pro: Poly Core, Almost Infinite Adjustment, Fashionable and Dressy if Needed, Stitching Submerged, Price, Buckle Pulls Off for TSA; Con: Is Leather Vegetable Tanned? Leather not Full Grain

Share your thoughts!

The more I study leather, the more I am leaning to a Bigfoot. I have a lot of bridle leather around here, and saddles, and like really nice leather. I've had belts by Brommeland, Beltman, and those are all Full Grain. Prior to that, all of my belts were full grain bridle quality.

If Full Grain leather is properly cared for (actually pretty easy) it lasts forever, and looks better every year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

"Hillary, a woman without ethics, is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Rock and Glock

Bigfoot Belts look really nice. PRO: Steel Core, Roller Buckles, Full Grain English Bridal Leather, Stitching Submerged, Price; CON: Steel Core makes TSA PITA
    That thought had never occurred to me. I very rarely travel by plane so I guess it slipped my mind. But that is certainly a good CON for Bigfoot.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Perry's 4U

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Mine are all 1.5 inches and they seem just right for jeans. I have 4 different gun belts, 2 from Beltman. I have not been able to wear my guns either IWB or OWB comfortably since multiple abdominal surgeries. I have to pull them too tight. I think I will order one of the Bigfoot Belts my self and see if I can at least wear OWB all day.

Edit, Just ordered me a Bigfoot.
    Here is a good solution to your problem. Perry Suspenders Peruse their options - something for everybody. They are convenient and they work.

VIP Member
    That's an excellent thought!

I would still wear the belt for the holster but would not need to cinch it up so tight. Big time THANKS FOR THAT!

As to the Bigfoot and the airport - 2 replaced knees, Stainless steel in my chest. TSA is always a pain. They made us remove belts for a while although I have the express card but even with that I have to go through the scanner. They just like to admire my 65 year old beat up body. I'm sure all the young ladies fight over getting to the front to see my old fat mishapen glory.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Senior Moderator
    @Paladin3840 , I'm wearing some suspenders right now, with my Dickies belt.
    Sister likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

"Hillary, a woman without ethics, is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Rock and Glock

The holidays slayed me!
    I do want to lose weight, so someday I may return to my previous svelte self.
    What else might you suggest?
    For weight loss eat only meat, fish, eggs & vegetables + 2 quarts of water a day. That means no grains & sugar. You'll be amazed at the results.
    Rock and Glock and Sister like this.

Distinguished Member Array notavictim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    That's similar to my primary gun belt, a Kore gun belt: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts It's sporting an SP101 and holding up the Wranglers as I type this.

If you go for a track belt make sure you get one specifically made for gun belt use (internal stiffener). For example, Kore has two versions and specifically tells people not to use the cheaper normal belts to carry guns because they'll wear out quickly. There are several nice things about these track belts, such as how quickly they adjust, the small increments in adjustment, and they don't scream "tacticool" since they look like a normal dress belt.

My Kore gun belt is used daily as my belt, gun or not, and carries most of my guns well. But, my SRH .44 mag and all steel full size 1911 carry better on slightly more beefy belts. For most of my Tupperware or compact pistolas the track belt works fine.

So bottom line, for your heavy armaments you'll prefer a more robust belt.
    I'm a new Kore customer. I am blown away at the quality and ease of adjustment of these belts. I will admit it only has to carry my SR9c and an extra mag, but it is perfect for that. I just love the ease of adjustment whether bigger or smaller. I cinch it up when going out and relax it after a nice supper.
    Sister likes this.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

When I die, I want to go like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep, not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by InVegas View Post
    For weight loss eat only meat, fish, eggs & vegetables + 2 quarts of water a day. That means no grains & sugar. You'll be amazed at the results.
    Oh, forgot to mention, the veggies should be a minimum quantity...no more than a cup, since they contain some carbohydrates. Eating primarily protein will force the body to get the carbs from the stored fat you are carrying. I learned this from a pro bodybuilder I trained with and a girlfriend who was a fitness model...I lost 25 lbs and have kept it off following this regimen. If it's too difficult you can have 1 cheat day a week where you eat whatever you want...but the speed of weight loss will diminish, somewhat, if you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by InVegas View Post

Amen! I hate it but he's right. A good friend of mine had lost a ton of weight and told me all she did was give up sugar. I then did the same (last year) and lost a bunch of weight.

Last week got a dr's report of cholesterol at 303 and both carotid arteries have started to clog....damn the doughnuts and the large German and Norwegian people that cook all that wonderful fresh bread and pastries!!!

back on the no sugar and no bread, the food up here is wonderful and it truly is suffrage to do without seriously this is not for everyone I miss sugar and fresh baked bread.

Nice belts, I think CWO was gonna order one somebody posted?!
    Rock and Glock and CWOUSCG like this.

United Daughters of the Confederacy member
    UDC

American by birth
    Christian by choice
    Southern by the grace of God

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links