Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight - Page 3

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

This is a discussion on Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm on a pepperoni pizza only diet. I'll let y'all know how it goes :P...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

I'm on a pepperoni pizza only diet. I'll let y'all know how it goes :P
    Sister, Sportymonk and Ocho 1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    If it works you can make millions like that Subway guy did on TV commercials so don't forget the before picture!
    Nakyak and CWOUSCG like this.

United Daughters of the Confederacy member
    UDC

American by birth
    Christian by choice
    Southern by the grace of God

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The holidays slayed me!

I need a new gun belt. I only want vegetable tanned leather, preferably 1.25" (maybe 1.5"), black, cost effective, and without a three month wait and hopefully at or below $100.

My non-custom BeltMan has served me well, but I decided to look around.

Web belts do nothing for me.

I do want to lose weight, so someday I may return to my previous svelte self.

Here's one I've looked at, I like the buckle, the design, but have huge reservations about their appropriateness for a gun belt. I have asked them several questions which I will relay back here when answered.

Slidebelts

Does anyone have experience with these?

What else might you suggest?
    Big foot. I have two received both in a week or less. Good customer service. First one I screwed up and ordered a size to big ( a little to long by still fits so I kept it) had I called and sent it back within 7 days they would have sent me a new one even though it was my screw up. I just ordered another one in black instead of brown. I always figured a man should have one brown belt and one black belt anyway.
    Good luck in your search. Let us know what you decide on and how it works out for you.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by notavictim View Post
    I'm a new Kore customer. I am blown away at the quality and ease of adjustment of these belts. I will admit it only has to carry my SR9c and an extra mag, but it is perfect for that. I just love the ease of adjustment whether bigger or smaller. I cinch it up when going out and relax it after a nice supper.
    Absolutely. It's really nice to discreetly and quickly adjust without using two hands and flapping a belt end around while adjusting a traditional buckle. Hopefully someone will make a similar design for sturdier belts someday too, my big guns are feeling left out.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    If it works you can make millions like that Subway guy did on TV commercials so don't forget the before picture!
    On second thought, I might quit the diet. I don't want to be associated with the Fogel:P
    CWOUSCG and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    On my cheat day it's pepperoni pizza, ribs & cheesecake.
    Rock and Glock and Nakyak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by InVegas View Post
    On my cheat day it's pepperoni pizza, ribs & cheesecake.
    I've been on an intermittent fasting protocol for about a year now. I eat whatever I want, I just eat a certain amount of it, and only during a certain time period.

I lost a bunch of weight, but later found it hidden under some empty pizza boxes and cases of beer. Since I seem to fluctuate between winter hibernation and beach body it's good to have belts that adjust a lot.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I know you want leather but reinforced nylon belts will give you a little play because they don't have set adjustments meaning it works even if your in between sizes and no matter what size gun you carry. Just my .02

Senior Moderator
    The holidays slayed me!

I need a new gun belt. I only want vegetable tanned leather, preferably 1.25" (maybe 1.5"), black, cost effective, and without a three month wait and hopefully at or below $100.

My non-custom BeltMan has served me well, but I decided to look around.

Web belts do nothing for me.

I do want to lose weight, so someday I may return to my previous svelte self.

Here's one I've looked at, I like the buckle, the design, but have huge reservations about their appropriateness for a gun belt. I have asked them several questions which I will relay back here when answered.

Slidebelts

Does anyone have experience with these?

What else might you suggest?
    This!

https://www.armourbelts.com/gun-belt

My wife has bought me gun belts from this firm for Christmas this year and last, and I can't say enough good things about the product. I got their 1.5" Gun Belt which is double thickness and nicely stitched, with a good range of color options. Last year's was mahogany with brown stitching and a #3 nickel buckle, which is a nicely understated complement to my usual khakis. This year I got the same in all black. I wear it as a dress belt belt because I'm sick of "name" department store belts stretching, softening and rolling over in a year's time.

In a year's use, the belt has hardly taken a set at the buckle, which of course is the high wear and high stress point on any belt. The two holes I've used show no signs of stretching at all.

The basic gun belt is $79 without any options like embossing, special buckles, etc. Delivery time was less than two weeks, and that was after Thanksgiving. A nice plus is that she said Mike, the proprietor, is a real nice guy to deal with.

FWIW, I wouldn't go with a 1.25" width unless you had a specific need. That's what I got for my first gun belt (along with a Horseshoe Leather holster, back when Andy A. was still doing belts) and IMO it's better for a dress belt than for utilitarian purposes.
    Rock and Glock and Old Man like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Senior Moderator
    @WrongRecroom ; @marshallman ; @Ianthin ; @wizard7mm08 ; @sammeow

Here's a question for the Bigfoot Belt users: does the belt slowly take on the gentle curve of your waist, or does the steel keep the belt as straight (on edge) as a rule, even after a lot of wear?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 9th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Sportymonk likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

VIP Member

Here's a question for the Bigfoot Belt users: does the belt slowly take on the gentle curve of your waist, or does the steel keep the belt as straight (on edge) as a rule, even after a lot of wear?
    It stays straight. It's the only belt I've ever owned that doesn't take that curved shape. I've been wearing mine nearly daily for ~ 6 months.

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight-img_0007.jpg
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I find that generally cutting out all carbs, soda, sweets....etc will help you get back to fitting into your current belt.

As for me I am adding holes as I am down about 80lbs.

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar

Straight so far. Had it for a little over six months and it has about five months of wear. I have nothing to compare it to since its my first gun belt.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Even though the Bigfoot 16 oz double leather SS core did not work for me since I have narrow hips and even my BT380 drug my pants off my hips, I recommend them to any average built gun carrier. For me the BF was just too stiff and and mainly too thick. I have to use a thinner belt with suspenders, double leather with a poly core, and modify the suspender clamps to spread to clamp onto the belt. I beat up the finish on the BF trying to clamp the suspenders on to it. Another plus point with BF is their Customer service has got to be of the best.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟

Life Member: VFW, VVA, DVA, VSPA, NRA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links