Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight - Page 4

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

This is a discussion on Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock @ WrongRecroom ; @ marshallman ; @ Ianthin ; @ wizard7mm08 ; @ sammeow Here's a question for the ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    @WrongRecroom ; @marshallman ; @Ianthin ; @wizard7mm08 ; @sammeow

Here's a question for the Bigfoot Belt users: does the belt slowly take on the gentle curve of your waist, or does the steel keep the belt as straight (on edge) as a rule, even after a lot of wear?
    The only thing that rolls on that belt is a little bit of my love handles over the top.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by 9uc View Post
    Even though the Bigfoot 16 oz double leather SS core did not work for me since I have narrow hips and even my BT380 drug my pants off my hips,
    I sued to work in the men's dept. of a retailer and I once had a lady tell me her husband needed a "longer shirt" as she was always having to tuck it in and pull up his pants. I asked how tall he was and he was average. I asked if he had a little bit of a gut. He did. My response to her. It isn't the shirt that is the problem. The problem is he is like me, all gut and no butt. Many men have the problem of their pants sliding down as they have little to no hips to hold the waist up but they have a belly pushing down. Downward push with nothing to it = pants sliding down and shirt having to be re-tucked. I have this problem to a degree (cough cough).

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    That's similar to my primary gun belt, a Kore gun belt: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts It's sporting an SP101 and holding up the Wranglers as I type this.

If you go for a track belt make sure you get one specifically made for gun belt use (internal stiffener). For example, Kore has two versions and specifically tells people not to use the cheaper normal belts to carry guns because they'll wear out quickly. There are several nice things about these track belts, such as how quickly they adjust, the small increments in adjustment, and they don't scream "tacticool" since they look like a normal dress belt.

My Kore gun belt is used daily as my belt, gun or not, and carries most of my guns well. But, my SRH .44 mag and all steel full size 1911 carry better on slightly more beefy belts. For most of my Tupperware or compact pistolas the track belt works fine.

So bottom line, for your heavy armaments you'll prefer a more robust belt.
    Thanks again Graydude. I got my Kore belt a few days ago and wore it today for the first time. Very nice belt, I bought it as a dress belt and it looks great. Holds my EMP40 IWB with no problems at all. Very sturdy. I hardly know the gun is there, no shifting as I sat, stood, getting in and out of the car. The holster is AG 3.0 until James sends me my Stealth!
    Rock and Glock and graydude like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Hanks is a brand on Amazon, leather, and has a large range of sizes. If you plan to lose weight it might be a good way to go. Preety sure mine was in the $40-50 range so affordable.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

http://koreessentials.com

Check out their gun belts. I just got two from them and so far they are awesome. Totally adjustable in 1/4" increments. They have a poly core which is pretty stiff but wouldn't be a problem with TSA. You can make them bigger now and if you lose more weight, very simple to cut them down to fit smaller. Look at the videos and see what you think. They kind of work like a zippy tie.

Has anyone ever tried a "ratchet type belt?"

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Has anyone ever tried a "ratchet type belt?"
    Yup. The Kore mentioned above is a ratchet belt. I've had one for about a year and like it so much it's my primary belt now. However, most of my regular carry guns are under 30 oz. (subcompact 9s, 380, 357).

When the full size 1911 or 7.5" .44 mag revolver are carried I still turn to a steel lined heavy leather belt.

A Glock 19 is probably on the heavy end of what I'd carry on the Kore. Smaller than that, no problem. Larger than that and a stiffer belt may be more comfortable (at it is least for me).
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I like those Kore belts. I currently have a Hanks that I got off of Amazon, but I find that the real sweet spot for me is between two holes. One it too tight & the other is a bit too loose.

Senior Moderator
    Well, I just broke my $12 "Genuine Leather" Reversible Dickies belt. The reversing buckle broke. I guess I really didn't even get $12 out of it, but I knew better.

So...........

I just ordered a Quick Delivery Black Poly-Lined Roller Buckle Belt from............... (drum roll, please)..............

The Beltman.

I appreciate all of the input, help and advice.

The weight advice didn't work though. I weigh the same. That's me though

The final decision point was the poly lining versus steel, otherwise I saw no distinguishable difference between Bigfoot and Beltman, other than I already have one smaller Beltman.

Again, thanks for the help and input!
    graydude likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    Hanks is a brand on Amazon, leather, and has a large range of sizes. If you plan to lose weight it might be a good way to go. Preety sure mine was in the $40-50 range so affordable.
    Hank's is also a stand alone brand with their own store. If you Google Hank's less than perfect belts you can get some great deals. I've never been able to find the less than perfects on their website for some reason. Have always had to Google it.

SOE: 1.5" Rigid Cobra Duty Belt

I just got a Kore Gunbelt today. I tried with a loaded Shield with a DeSantis OWB. My first thought was WOW, this is the most comfortable gun belt I've ever tried. I'll see how it holds up.

I wished they made a deluxe model with a bit nicer leather.
    graydude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtimm View Post
    I just got a Kore Gunbelt today. I tried with a loaded Shield with a DeSantis OWB. My first thought was WOW, this is the most comfortable gun belt I've ever tried. I'll see how it holds up.

I wished they made a deluxe model with a bit nicer leather.
    I've worn one every day for a year, and it looks the same today as the day I got it. It's perfect for compacts and smaller. Would be nice if they made a version with a steel core for heavy full size guns like my 1911s or the 7.5" .44 mag; those are just a tad heavy for this belt as the top edge will lean out with those.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I have enjoyed mine and am looking forward to getting a brown one (though a bit larger than my last one...) Let us see what you get when it comes in R&G!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Moderator
    I got a 1.5" Black Beltman with a poly liner with their "Fast Ship" option. It is quite the piece of work. I love it.

Like this, but I got a roller buckle:

QKShooter likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links