Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

This is a discussion on Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The holidays slayed me! I need a new gun belt. I only want vegetable tanned leather, preferably 1.25" (maybe 1.5"), black, cost effective, and without ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

Senior Moderator

Question Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight

The holidays slayed me!

I need a new gun belt. I only want vegetable tanned leather, preferably 1.25" (maybe 1.5"), black, cost effective, and without a three month wait and hopefully at or below $100.

My non-custom BeltMan has served me well, but I decided to look around.

Web belts do nothing for me.

I do want to lose weight, so someday I may return to my previous svelte self.

Here's one I've looked at, I like the buckle, the design, but have huge reservations about their appropriateness for a gun belt. I have asked them several questions which I will relay back here when answered.

Slidebelts

Does anyone have experience with these?

What else might you suggest?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

"Hillary, a woman without ethics, is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Rock and Glock

Bigfoot .. Over built and a bit heavy duty but nice belts

I also like the cheepo Galco belts they work good and look good also
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Here is some excellent information on gun belts. Things To Know About Belts This info is excellent - even if you go with a competitor you can compare apples to apples.

Other reputable makers I can vouch for are The Beltman https://www.thebeltman.net/ and A&G AG Custom Gun Leather - Premium Hand Crafted Leather Belts

Single ply leather and webbing do not compare with the above in terms of load bearing capability.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Those look like nice belts in general but I would not suggest it for a gunbelt - it looked pretty floppy and bendy to me in the video. This is just observation though - I have not used one.

I have heard good things about bigfoot belts and have watched videos of them as well. I would buy a big foot if I were in the market for a leather belt today. I have a couple belts from abetterbeltusa.com as well - quality leather and nice folks to deal with.

Honesty though, I went synthetic belt last year and its the best thing I ever did for comfort. I had always been a leather guy. I pretty much hated synthetic on principle - until I actually tried one. Ares Gear ranger belt is spendy but has a fully adjustable waist, super sturdy, super lightweight, and mine still looks and feels like its brand new after wearing it 5-6-days a week for the past year. Bonus - my leather holsters dont need a constant dose of baby powder to not squeak like new shoes on an old floor HAHA Definitely worth a look just to see.

Good Luck let us know what you decide on.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

I got one just under 50.00 and if you order will nock off 20.00. But wait!!! If you get it now you can get a 2nd one for free. That's right two for only 30.00

Belt Help Needed: Gained Weight-wearropebelt_02-1024x679.jpg

I think also what you carry matters ..Why I got the Big foot belts as they are steel cored and very very stiff ...I mostly got it for heavy mag pouch and the big full size stuff ... I use a lighter one for the smalelr/plastic stuff
    Rock and Glock and Ianthin like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I'm gonna throw in another good word for Bigfoot gun belts. It holds up my revolvers (all steel) and my father's 1911, and makes my Shield unnoticeable.

The holidays got to me as well, as I am on the last hole of my belt. If I were to do it over again, I'd order one more size up from their recommendation. I currently have a black belt with black hardware for EDC and I intend on purchasing a brown belt with black hardware strictly for hunting.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Senior Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Go with the Bigfoot! I've owned two of them. I had the opposite problem than you, my britches got too big! I've worn mine even when not carrying and it is a darned good looking belt!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Senior Moderator
    My EDC is a stainless steel government Colt OWB, with a mag pouch opposite and a Leatherman.

Ya'll like the steel liner in the Bigfoots?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

"Hillary, a woman without ethics, is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Rock and Glock

If I can throw in a question. Belts seems to come in 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75. What fits blue jeans? Wouldn't 1.75 be a snug fit on jeans?
    Kind of looking at the Alien Gear belts if I get a holster there.

Strait City Trading Co. is your salvation. U.S made leathers and inexpensive.

VIP Member
    Mine are all 1.5 inches and they seem just right for jeans. I have 4 different gun belts, 2 from Beltman. I have not been able to wear my guns either IWB or OWB comfortably since multiple abdominal surgeries. I have to pull them too tight. I think I will order one of the Bigfoot Belts my self and see if I can at least wear OWB all day.

Edit, Just ordered me a Bigfoot.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Im in the same shape (no pun intended) as you Richard.
    I think I'm going with a brown one made by Bigfoot.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    ?..

Here's one I've looked at, I like the buckle, the design, but have huge reservations about their appropriateness for a gun belt. I have asked them several questions which I will relay back here when answered.

Slidebelts

Does anyone have experience with these?

What else might you suggest?
    That's similar to my primary gun belt, a Kore gun belt: https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts It's sporting an SP101 and holding up the Wranglers as I type this.

If you go for a track belt make sure you get one specifically made for gun belt use (internal stiffener). For example, Kore has two versions and specifically tells people not to use the cheaper normal belts to carry guns because they'll wear out quickly. There are several nice things about these track belts, such as how quickly they adjust, the small increments in adjustment, and they don't scream "tacticool" since they look like a normal dress belt.

My Kore gun belt is used daily as my belt, gun or not, and carries most of my guns well. But, my SRH .44 mag and all steel full size 1911 carry better on slightly more beefy belts. For most of my Tupperware or compact pistolas the track belt works fine.

So bottom line, for your heavy armaments you'll prefer a more robust belt.
    CWOUSCG and Rock and Glock like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links