Which Crimson Trace laser?

This is a discussion on Which Crimson Trace laser? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally was able to convince my wife to spend some time at the range and file for a CCW. After a long session with ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn
  • 1 Post By Spark456
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Which Crimson Trace laser?

I finally was able to convince my wife to spend some time at the range and file for a CCW. After a long session with all my guns and some rented ones, she really loved a G42, so that's what we got her. Her vision is fairly bad which means she requires very strong lenses and as such has a lot of trouble with conventional sights. We are practicing with Big Dot sights I had installed, and they're better but I still think a laser is the way to go, since she shoots my home defense pistol - a longslide PPQ with a TLR4 pretty well.

I'm just trying to figure out whether to get the LG443G (green laser only)
    Name:  lg-443g_glock43_ghosted_web.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  2.7 KB
    or the LL803G laser AND light
    Name:  ll-803g_glock43_ghosted_web.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.8 KB

These aren't available to try out at my local LGS.

Anyone try the laser/light combo?
    Any issues with balance or size?

Welcome any other thoughts and ideas?

For carry, I'd prefer a separate light. There are many times I need a light, but not with a weapon attached to it.

Weapon-mounted lights are fine for home defense.
    ghost tracker likes this.
    The number of people killed because they didn't have "enough gun" is dwarfed by those who had none at all.

Separate light for me also. My wife has one on her LCP the red one we both like it?
    ghost tracker likes this.

IMHO, you've got yourself a good reason to put a laser on a pocket gun. Yet I can't THINK of a good reason to install both a laser...AND a light on a pocket gun.
    Spark456 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

First off, I think the Crimson Trace LaserGuard is the right one to go with. I love the way it activates when you squize the grip.

I have the Red, but have been told the Green shows better in higher light situations.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    IMHO, you've got yourself a good reason to put a laser on a pocket gun. Yet I can't THINK of a good reason to install both a laser...AND a light on a pocket gun.
    Wife mostly has the kids with her. I imagine that with 2 children in tow a handheld light would be about as useful as a 3rd leg if the gun ever needs to come out. So any circumstance that would require a light AND a firearm should probably involve a mounted one. She already has a handheld one that she carries if she needs to light something up without covering it with the muzzle.

I am encouraged by the large CR2 battery, but concerned by the utter lack of holster options. The price is a secondary concern. $320 vs $250 isn't really much of a difference anyway for potential life insurance.

Any thoughts about that?

Sponsored Links