Check out the improved flashlights by Fenix!

This is a discussion on Check out the improved flashlights by Fenix! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For 175 and 200 lumens, I think the price is right! I want one NOW! https://www.fenix-store.com/index.ph...f2f1a8d5c7c963...

Thread: Check out the improved flashlights by Fenix!

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar

Check out the improved flashlights by Fenix!

For 175 and 200 lumens, I think the price is right! I want one NOW!

https://www.fenix-store.com/index.ph...f2f1a8d5c7c963
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

2. Remove Ads

140 Lumens for under $50 bucks? Amazing...somebody review one...
    What Would Gumby Do?

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I am checking them out! They just shipped my P1D (about $60), and it puts out 135 lumen for about an hour on one CR123. Then I put a pre-order in for their new and improved P3D that has a max output of 200 lumen. They each come with a holster, the P1D with some kind of lobster claw key chain. The P3D was about $70 and they don't charge shipping.

Now I just got two surefires and they're great but either of these is supposed to put out more lumens. I'll have the P1D in a few days and will be evaluating it for EDC and for travel. I don't have a clue when the P3D will ship.

If they're even close to the Surefire's in quality then they'll be a huge value unless you don't want to buy things make in China, in which case you almost can't buy anything.

Anyway, when I get them I'll compare them to my E2E and E2L

God Bless
    Gideon

Fenix makes a good product so this isn't a bash on them but be aware that there isn't a consistent method of measuring lumens among manufacturers. Comparing stated lumen output is like apples to oranges.

I have one of the newer Fenix Cree LED lights that uses AA batteries (L2D); it's brighter than my 3W Luxeon 6 volt by a large margin, and had mutliple output levels, including strobe. Battery life is phenominal with these new CREE LED's too.

For under $45, it's been the best bang for the buck I've spent on any flashlight ever.

They've now upgraded it to the "Rebel" LED; I don't know much about them, but my L2D 1.0 has been fantastic, and I bought my wife one to replace her Surefire Z3 as it's arguably brighter and significantly more compact.

These sound even better.

VIP Member
    Here is one place you can look for some more info:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...s_by_mfgrs.htm
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have the L2D and L2T and I love them. I have Inova's and Coast's, and the Fenix lights are just them best ones in my opinion. Supposedly, the new Rebel LEDs can only be on high for about ten minutes. Still waiting for more reviews to come out.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    There is one major thing that stops me from getting any of these Fenix flashlights, despite them getting rave reviews for brightness and value: it's the fact that the switch is of the "reverse-clicky" variety.

I greatly prefer the "clicky" switch.

For those who don't know the difference:
    - Clicky: as you press the switch on the tailcap, the light goes on, and then you get the click and the light stays on.

- Reverse-clicky: as you press the switch on the tailcap, you get no light... keep pressing until it clicks, and as you release the switch after the click, that's when the light goes on.

The R.C. means you cannot use the light in "signal mode," a.k.a. "momentary-on" or "Morse-code" mode.

My only true "high end" flashlight is a SureFire E1L, which is a simple single-cell LED model claiming 30 lumens and 10 hours runtime. Cost me $99. But I really like it a lot and it's superbly made. I have an Inova T2 and T3 (as well as a pair of X1s) and I like them a lot, but these days the advances in new LED emitters (the fancy word for "bulbs") are coming fast and furious. Lately it's "Cree" -- less than a year ago it was "K2" or something. In six months whatever you buy next week will seem "obsolete" because there's something that runs brighter or longer.

My T2 still does a great job and is worthy of EDC, but put it next to some light that a guy bought this week and it probably seems weak by comparison, even though it's got it all over the 4 and even 6-cell Maglites we used through the '80s and '90s! So I've stopped chasing the "perfect flashlight" for a while, and am teaching myself to be content with what I have for the moment.

PeacefulJeffrey; if that's all that's been holding you back from a Fenix, get your wallet out!

The new L2T V2.0 has a tactical style switch!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    So I've stopped chasing the "perfect flashlight" for a while, and am teaching myself to be content with what I have for the moment.
    Man, not just for lights, but that's one of the secrets for life itself isn't it?

C-

I have looked at these lights. If they are as good as they look at that price. I will be buying one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links