Sam's Club- gen I NV and 80 lumen flashlights

This is a discussion on Sam's Club- gen I NV and 80 lumen flashlights within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to Sam's Club yesterday and ran across two items. The first one was a Bushnell brand night vision Gen I, made in Russia. ...

Thread: Sam's Club- gen I NV and 80 lumen flashlights

VIP Member

I went to Sam's Club yesterday and ran across two items. The first one was a Bushnell brand night vision Gen I, made in Russia. I know there are much better choices available but it was $140, so I thought I'd try one out. It has a built-in infrared illuminator and last night I tried it, and it actually worked better than I expected. Not that it was great but not bad NV for the price.

Also they had a package that contained two small aluminum flashlights for one price of $28. I was in a rare good mood so I thought I'd try those lights too. I do know about how good Surefire and others are and I intend to get one, but for the price, I thought I'd try these also. If nothing else they'd make great lights to leave in the car. Anyway, it seems they are made by Element, and called Luxeon III Star, they claim 80 lumens,use 3 AAA batts, roughly measures 5.25 long X 1 inch body. Made in Taiwan, USA, and Malaysia. Guaranteed for a year.

I know there's lots better stuff out there, but they both seem to be pretty darned good value for the money. BTW I don't work for Sam's Club
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I picked up a couple of the Element lights a while back. I put one in my wife's truck and keep one in my desk at work. They are solid little lights.

They aren't as bright as my Surefire E2D, but they are great for the price and the batteries are a lot cheaper and last longer.

I picked up the pair of element lights from Sam's as well.

I keep one in the jeep with some other lights(can't have enough)

For what I paid they are nice. They are bright enough to light up the dark rooms of my place. The have the rubber o-rings but with the lanyard ring that is not sealed and the on/off switch has a wimpy waterproof seal. If dropped in water or a heavy rain I don't think that it will hold up. but for 14 bucks per light you really can't go wrong.

I also got the Element lights and am very happy with them. They won't replace my Streamlights for home defense and carry, but they are handy lights at a good price.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I picked up a pair at Sam's for the vehicles.Like the above poster say at $14 a piece you can beat it.They work great for the money.

Sponsored Links