Best gun belt

Best gun belt

This is a discussion on Best gun belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's everyone's recommendation for a good gun belt. Preferably leather. Or should I pick my holster first then get the belt? Will be carrying either ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best gun belt

Best gun belt

What's everyone's recommendation for a good gun belt. Preferably leather. Or should I pick my holster first then get the belt? Will be carrying either appendix or IWB around 3-5. Still playing around with what's most comfortable position. Also not sure which belt width I should go with or if that even matters?

Also I apologize for just posting question after question on here, I'm trying to learn on the fly here and get as much information as I can. I swear I'm not a gun noob, however I am a carry noob. Just going to get my cc so really the only carrying I've ever done is walking out my back door and back into the woods to my own small gun range I have. Never used a gun belt or holsters before.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    What's everyone's recommendation for a good gun belt. Preferably leather. Or should I pick my holster first then get the belt? Will be carrying either appendix or IWB around 3-5. Still playing around with what's most comfortable position. Also not sure which belt width I should go with or if that even matters?

Also I apologize for just posting question after question on here, I'm trying to learn on the fly here and get as much information as I can. I swear I'm not a gun noob, however I am a carry noob. Just going to get my cc so really the only carrying I've ever done is walking out my back door and back into the woods to my own small gun range I have. Never used a gun belt or holsters before.
    Bigfoot gunbelts. I have 2 steel core great service. Real reasonable if I remember right about$60
    AndyC, Ianthin and wizard7mm08 like this.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Thanks for the response, I've noticied that name being mentioned here a few times before. Does width matter or is that nothing more than personal preference?

Mine are 1.5"
    Witch is prototype standard. I know 1.75" is available. You didn't mention how you are going to carry. It can make a difference
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Distinguished Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    You should also look at CompTac and Tucker Gunleather. Lot's of companies make good belts for carry.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good story...
    NRA Member
    If I'm not hunting, I'm either at the range, scouting, reloading, or practicing archery.
    A proud member of that "vast right wing conspiracy", and an infidel to boot!

Any of the leather "double layer" belts will do you well. The one I have, I've had for about 4 or 5 years now. I can't even remember the name of it but I'm very happy with it. It's not cow leather though. I went with one that is horse or bull leather, double layer.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    First, holster you buy won't usually dictate which belt you need, aside from colors.

I've got two that I love equally. My choice for leather is a Bigfoot 14oz steel core. Super comfortable with either my IWB or OWB holsters, and supports larger guns withe ease. The Bigfoot is the only belt of any kind that doesn't curve after being worn for a few weeks.

Best gun belt-img_0007.jpg

The second is a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch instructors belt, which I'm wearing today with a P226 IWB. The adjustability is awesome, and it's just as supportive and comfortable as the Bigfoot.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    A Better Belt USA
    excellent belts, and probably more options than anyone else
    you can design and order your own belt on the website
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy42 View Post
    Mine are 1.5"
    Witch is prototype standard. I know 1.75" is available. You didn't mention how you are going to carry. It can make a difference
    I plan to experiment with IWB and AIWB, not sure which I'll chose but I'm gonna try those first.

VIP Member
    Wilderness Instructors are the ones I wind up wearing every day. I wish I had saved the money I spent on the rest of them I have hanging on the door.
    Ianthin and flintlock62 like this.
    "To reject the notion of expertise, and to replace it with a sanctimonious insistence that every person has a right to his or her own opinion, is silly."

Tom Nichols

Aker B21 is cheap and great. 1.5" Looks good in most dress. Stiffer than my Aliengear/bigfoot belt. The Aliengear belt with the roller buckle looks fine in jeans, but not as good in slacks. Has held up for about a year so far no problems.

A $12.99 Wrangler leather belt I got at Walmart works just fine for my 16 oz. Airweight snubby. Of course if I was carrying a larger, heavier sidearm I'd go with something more beefy.
    https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...rangler%20belt

My preference is the 18 oz steel reinforced Bigfoot. My review can be seen HERE
    I was taught to respect my elders! The problem is, I'm having a much harder time finding them these days .

Quote Originally Posted by BuckJM53 View Post
    My preference is the 18 oz steel reinforced Bigfoot. My review can be seen HERE
    I actually just spoke with Bigfoot and they recommended the 14oz for me. It'll be just a glock 23 and the holster plus my iPhone in a belt clip. Do you agree 14oz or will I wish I had gotten the 18 like you did?

Take it to the bank

There is no one absolute "best", but being informed on the pro's and cons of your options will save disappointments and money in the long run. Beware of gimmick belts. Read the entire section here on things to know: Things To Know About Belts. Even if you decide to go with a competitor you can compare apples to apples.

Two other makers I can vouch for are A&G Products Archive - AG Custom Gun Leather and The Beltman https://www.thebeltman.net/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links