L.A. Police Gear 3 Strikes Yer Out

This is a discussion on L.A. Police Gear 3 Strikes Yer Out within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had tried twice before to buy from these people with no luck as merchandise was out of stock. They recently advertised a good buy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L.A. Police Gear 3 Strikes Yer Out

L.A. Police Gear 3 Strikes Yer Out

I had tried twice before to buy from these people with no luck as merchandise was out of stock. They recently advertised a good buy on Maxpedition Pug Wallets. I decided to give them one more try as I do want one of these. Got an email from them this evening. You guessed it. Order cancelled..merchandise out of stock with no backorder date. That's definitely strike 3 for them for me. Don't waste your time with these people.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I had tried twice before to buy from these people with no luck as merchandise was out of stock. They recently advertised a good buy on Maxpedition Pug Wallets. I decided to give them one more try as I do want one of these. Got an email from them this evening. You guessed it. Order cancelled..merchandise out of stock with no backorder date. That's definitely strike 3 for them for me. Don't waste your time with these people.
    Sorry...Didn't mean to sound so whiney and bitchy.

Administrator

Thumbs up

You sounded fine.
    Thanks for the Heads Up.
    A thread like yours is how other forum members know who is good and who to shy away from.
    No need for any apology.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Have you tried Botach? I don't even know if they carry the item, but after dealing with them, even a tonsilectomy from a proctologist wouldn't seem pleasant by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You sounded fine.
    Thanks for the Heads Up.
    A thread like yours is how other forum members know who is good and who to shy away from.
    No need for any apology.
    Thanks QK. After LA Police Gear cancelled me out I found the Pug Wallet on Ebay. Costs me $10.00 more but at least I'll probably get my Pug Wallet.

I tired LA Police Gear once....they are incredibly worthless. None of what is "In-stock" is actually in-stock. EVER.

VIP Member
    LA Police Gear has canceled a part of every order I've made through them. But, the stuff they did get to me was high quality and well priced. I've fought and argued with them countless times. You'd think they would learn to keep the website up to date, but they don't seem to care.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by kavity View Post
    I tired LA Police Gear once....they are incredibly worthless. None of what is "In-stock" is actually in-stock. EVER.
    Yup. That's been my experience.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Wow,

I guess I was lucky, to a point, my one order was for 4 pair of 5.11 pants, they took a week to come in and then ship out to me, but free shipping, a free mug, two free pairs of knee pads to go with the pants, and a free 5.11 hat.

I must have caught them on a good week.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Man, that is odd...it can just happen to any company. I have had excellent luck with LA Police Gear on 3-4 orders.
    What Would Gumby Do?

No problem with them here on the only order I have made so far.

FJC
    I've ordered 5.11 pants from them on 3 different occassions, with no problems at all...I was surprised to see a complaint about them here.
    --FJC

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I have ordered from LA Police Gear on 4 occasions and recieved my orders Post Haste - no problems at all.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Okay, I've had only great experience with them. Bought a Ka-Bar TDI knife and then a Surefire light and then another Surefire light, so three orders in a month or so. They have some decent deals on surefire. Each time I got everything fast and quick. On the last surefire order I was supposed to get 8 free batteries but they weren't in there. I emailed them the next day and got an answer in several hours apologizing and notifying me that they had been shipped out. I got my regular shipping notification (Quantum) email an hour later. So I've been impressed with them so far.

They have a really need bug out small gear bag for about $40 that looks really good.

I guess you can have problems with anyone and if the web site doesn't say "in-stock", or if it says "normally shipped in a day", etc., then you kind of know what you're up against. I'd recommend calling in orders if you want to be sure of their stock.

God Bless
    Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    I have ordered from LA Police Gear on 4 occasions and recieved my orders Post Haste - no problems at all.
    Maybe it's just my money they don't want. I've ordered 3 times from them and the merchandise, though advertised was never in stock. There won't be a 4th order from me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links