1.25" Wilderness belt

1.25" Wilderness belt

This is a discussion on 1.25" Wilderness belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm buying a 1.25 wilderness frequent flyer belt and was wondering how important the polymer stiffner option is (it's like a $9 dollar option). Will ...

Thread: 1.25" Wilderness belt

1.25" Wilderness belt

I'm buying a 1.25 wilderness frequent flyer belt and was wondering how important the polymer stiffner option is (it's like a $9 dollar option). Will it actually make a difference on a belt that is only 1.25" wide as it is?

This belt will basically only be worn when I am in shorts(which is quite often in MO), hence the 1.25" width. I love my Rafter's leather belt, but the infinite adustment capability of the frequent flyer belt really has me interested. Thanks for your thoughts.

cw

Senior Moderator
    I have two, but I prefer the 1.5 inch...just a little more stability. But you have to fit it to your holsters, unless you are using 'clips'...
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I have a 5 stitch 1.5" instructors belt with the poly reinforcement and it is very stiff, which I like very much. If you need a belt with some "give" for threading though attachment points, it probably would not work. If you can hang things off it that either clip on or allow a straight through path, it should work fine. The combination of 5 stitch & poly liner should make it pretty much crush & fold proof regardless of the load involved.

Nick

I've got the 1.5" 5 stitch without the poly insert....works great for me. I was told the poly insert was for duty gear hanging all around the belt. Should be fine with just a gun holster and a 1-2 mag pouch
    Colonel

Working for the railroad is like:
    Playing in the Superbowl everyday, winning the game, and still having practice tommorrow.

Sponsored Links