1.25" Wilderness belt

This is a discussion on 1.25" Wilderness belt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm buying a 1.25 wilderness frequent flyer belt and was wondering how important the polymer stiffner option is (it's like a $9 dollar option). Will ...

Thread: 1.25" Wilderness belt

1.25" Wilderness belt

I'm buying a 1.25 wilderness frequent flyer belt and was wondering how important the polymer stiffner option is (it's like a $9 dollar option). Will it actually make a difference on a belt that is only 1.25" wide as it is?

This belt will basically only be worn when I am in shorts(which is quite often in MO), hence the 1.25" width. I love my Rafter's leather belt, but the infinite adustment capability of the frequent flyer belt really has me interested. Thanks for your thoughts.

cw

2. Remove Ads

I have two, but I prefer the 1.5 inch...just a little more stability. But you have to fit it to your holsters, unless you are using 'clips'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a 5 stitch 1.5" instructors belt with the poly reinforcement and it is very stiff, which I like very much. If you need a belt with some "give" for threading though attachment points, it probably would not work. If you can hang things off it that either clip on or allow a straight through path, it should work fine. The combination of 5 stitch & poly liner should make it pretty much crush & fold proof regardless of the load involved.

Nick

I've got the 1.5" 5 stitch without the poly insert....works great for me. I was told the poly insert was for duty gear hanging all around the belt. Should be fine with just a gun holster and a 1-2 mag pouch
    Colonel

Working for the railroad is like:
    Playing in the Superbowl everyday, winning the game, and still having practice tommorrow.

Links