First aid kit?

This is a discussion on First aid kit? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, this one's a bit different from the usual questions. I'm looking for a decent-sized first aid kit (possibly aka "trauma bag" or "first responder ...

Thread: First aid kit?

First aid kit?

Okay, this one's a bit different from the usual questions.

I'm looking for a decent-sized first aid kit (possibly aka "trauma bag" or "first responder bag") that I can keep in the trunk of my car and pull out in case of an accident on the road or at an outdoor event. It needs to include things suited to a medium-sized trauma, like large dressings/bandages, a CPR mask, a splint, etc. Basically, things I can use until the ambulance gets there. I'm also looking for something with a modular organization - one packet for bleeding, one for fractures, one for CPR, etc. I really don't need aspirin or 200 band-aids.

My problem is everything is either too small to be useful or so large that you can't find the things you need in an emergency (which is where the modular design comes in). I haven't found anything in the middle.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. Remove Ads

You can buy them from many places like this:
    http://www.kits4disastersurvival.com/
    or make your own.

If you're a civilian and have been through formal training (CERT et al), consider using identifying apparel. It will help the pro's when they get there.

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

I'm not technically a civilian, but I'd be acting as one in this instance, and I've only got a basic level of first aid training anyway, so I'd rather not pretend. ;)

Checking out the link though - thanks for the quick response!

Might also look at these I have the First Responder kit in all my vehicles...

http://galls.com/medical-supplies.html
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

Yeah... I'm afraid most of what I'm seeing again is, again, either too small or too large & complex. I may just end up making my own, or maybe buying one then customizing it.

Senior Moderator
    Making your own is the way to go
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

go army

personaly when im back in the states i keep an M3 medics bag under my seat. its small and light but holds everything i need in an emergancy. you can buy them at most surplus stores or buy just the bag and add your own gear. i generaly add an iv starter kit myself just in case (plus its great to have after a four day when ya got a hangover and gotta get back on post)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

I Agree Here...

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Making your own is the way to go
    My wife and I made our own...designed on the usual needs and specific things for us.
    I think that you'll find it cheaper to make your own.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009
    Here's one from Sportsmans Guide.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...&highlight=aid

Got this kit as a good & organized starter from Sportsmanguide. Check the list and see what else could you need.

PS: cat not included
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Making your own kit is always best way to go.

Now where to get all the stuff to go into your kit?

Alliance Medical is an EMS supplier that seems to have lower prices than a lot of the other EMS suppliers. You can also get empty kits of any size to put all your stuff in. (They will sell to the general public as well)

Bear in mind that as an EMS supplier, they won't sell you restricted items unless your EMS service has a prescription on file from your services medical director, so don't be trying to buy drugs, IV fluids and items that needs a physician's prescription.

You can find Alliance Medical (AllMed) here: http://www.allmed.net/
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Galls

I have a couple of these Dyna Med bags, perfect size for the car. If you get it from Galls, good customer service and a proven track record. I bought it empty and filled it myself, but the list looks pretty good for a basic kit.
    http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...og&style=TK022

Superhouse... Galls is an excellent public safety supplier... but, always comparison shop!

We have found Alliance Medical to usually beat Gall's prices on items they both carry. And usually much faster on shipping.

Sometimes we buy from Galls when they have something we can't get from other sources cheaper.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

A good source for bags and assorted goodies:
    http://www.countycomm.com/

Links