Anybody Using A Fire Dragon Barrel

This is a discussion on Anybody Using A Fire Dragon Barrel within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fire Dragon Products Click Here Just curious to know if anybody has any first hand knowledge about E F K FireDragon aftermarket barrels. The Quality ...

Thread: Anybody Using A Fire Dragon Barrel

Administrator

Question Anybody Using A Fire Dragon Barrel

Fire Dragon Products Click Here

Just curious to know if anybody has any first hand knowledge about E F K FireDragon aftermarket barrels.
    The Quality seems to be quite high & the tolerances seem nice and tight & the Rockwell hardness is good also.
    Any member have one installed in one of their pistols?

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

First I've ever heard of this product. There was a movie in the 1960's starring Raquel Welch and Tony Franciosa called FATHOM that had a FIRE DRAGON as part of the plot. Anybody out there remember? If so send me a PM. Don't get off topic. The cuts in the barrel above are interesting. Wouldn't the slide also have to have ports to take advantage of the recoil reduction? Or do these serve a different purpose?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex, I'm guessing the barrel extends further than the standard config, thus no need for porting of the slide. I like the idea though, and am thinking of getting one for my Glock 21.

Franco
    May the Schwartz be with you

Administrator

Thumbs up Well, I got one

The DRAGON will now be BREATHING FIRE out of one of my Colt Combat Commander Pistolas.
    I got their Standard National Match Grade Stainless Barrel with fit bushing in Commander length.
    No Ports. New & never used. I bought it as a replacement barrel for one of my Colt Commander pistols which sports an existing factory barrel which has a bit too much vertical & "side-to-side play" to it for my shootin' tastes.
    A few careful passes with a fine cut file on the sides of the barrel feet & it dropped right into my Combat Commander frame.
    The overall quality is extremely high & the surface finish and machine work are flawless. The chamber interior & the lands & grooves inside the tube are BEAUTIFUL...and...it's already perfectly throated.
    The FIRE DRAGON web site prices are about average for a match grade barrel but, I bought mine on Ebay for a winning bid of $76.00 which is about the same price as a standard Stainless Commander length Colt factory replacement barrel from Brownell's priced at ($80.00)
    The bore is so bright and finely finished that barrel cleaning should be a real breeze.
    My logic in buying this one on Ebay was that I would not bid more than $80.00....since for 80 smacks I could just buy a Stainless Colt "drop in" barrel.
    So...I figure that I got a extra nice hi-quality Match Grade barrel for the same dollars spent. I'm very happy with it.

Lead Moderator
    intresting. How bout Olympic barrels? Am looking for a barrel for my HK to shoot lead bullets/reloads thru.

http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/O...ol_barrels.htm

Administrator

triplebreak

hummmmmmmm???? No photos of Olympic pistol barrels on that TripleBreak site? How are folks supposed to know if they want to buy something if they can't see it? I never understood that.Specs on OLYMPIC barrels

Oh...I just read that Olympic Arms bought Safari Arms. I am guessing that their barrels are high quality.
    Last edited by QKShooter; June 17th, 2005 at 01:55 PM.

Lead Moderator
    not sure if its the same company making both barrels. I don't see any HK or other brands on OLYarms site.

Administrator

Beats Me Rocky

I'm Confused.

Addition: Let me check something out.......

YEP, Same Company unless there are two different Olympic Arms in Olympia, Wa.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Glad to hear there quailty seems good ive though of maybe getting one for a glock or Hk so i can shoot up this huge amount of lead bullets i have left

Administrator

Fire Dragon

Well, they have been around for quite some time & they have a great guarantee. They sure must have a terrible marketing department though. I wonder WHY they never heard of something called advertising?

Geesh...they should be sending free barrels to every gun writer in the United States & get some Name Recognition for themselves.

Links