Surefire E1L tailcap

Surefire E1L tailcap

This is a discussion on Surefire E1L tailcap within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello. I just bought a E1L last night. I have been having a lot of fun and now know why they cost so darn much. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Surefire E1L tailcap

Hello. I just bought a E1L last night. I have been having a lot of fun and now know why they cost so darn much. Worth every penny, at least so far.

I my question is this, I just noticed that the tailcap has a rattle to it. Is this normal? If not, will Surefire send me another tailcap or do I have to send the whole flashlight back to the manufacturer. I can't really exchange it at the store because it was the last one in the store.

Thank-you and I appreciate any help.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I think you might have to send the entire light back to surefire.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Give SF customer service a ring and see what they'll do for you.

-john

I will call them tomorrow morning. I am not kidding, this is a really bad a** flashlight. I cringed when I saw the price tag. But when I went to walk the dog last night, I could see EVERYTHING in the dark. Nice.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    The E1L is a fantastic little light. It's incredible how much light you get out of that package!

I have one; it's the only SureFire I have so far. (I'm partial to LED lights, so any I get in the future will be LED too.) I paid $99 for my at Outdoor World.

I just checked mine, it has absolutely no rattle at all, so chances are something needs to be rectified about your light. Sorry, I can't say whether you need to send the entire thing in or just the tailcap, but since you won't be able to use the light in either case, I would just send it in and hopefully they'll just send you a whole new light!

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    The E1L is a fantastic little light. It's incredible how much light you get out of that package!

I have one; it's the only SureFire I have so far. (I'm partial to LED lights, so any I get in the future will be LED too.) I paid $99 for my at Outdoor World.

I just checked mine, it has absolutely no rattle at all, so chances are something needs to be rectified about your light. Sorry, I can't say whether you need to send the entire thing in or just the tailcap, but since you won't be able to use the light in either case, I would just send it in and hopefully they'll just send you a whole new light!
    I can't believe this. I just called SureFire this morning and a guy on the line said that "yes, it is supposed to do that since there are moving parts in there." I am going through another approach, I am emailing them. The light still works normally.

BTW, do you have a holster for yours? This clip really sucks.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    I've never had a problem with SF customer service... and from what I understand, the surefire policy is simple. "Batteries die, lamps burn out, everything else is covered by our warranty."

LOL

I'd send them an email, asking if there they'll send you a new tailcap...just my recommendation!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

I just emailed them. Now I am playing the waiting game.

If you have difficulties with that approach, ask for advice on candlepowerforums.com.

-john

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I will re-stipulate that mine makes no rattle sounds whatsoever. That leads me to believe either mine's a fluke or yours is a fluke. I'm inclined to believe that the guy gave you a line of bull.

As for sheath, I ended up using the sheath from my Inova T-2. Since that sheath is too deep for the E1L, I stuck the white plastic cap from a 20 oz. bottle of water into the bottom of it, threads-down, and the light rides just high enough now that I can grip it comfortably. Saved me from having to shell out for a sheath.

Oh, another thought when dealing with customer service. Call again, don't mention the previous call, just ask them again. Often different people, different answer.

-john

I have the E1e and mine does not rattle either. As far as carrying it I just use the clip. I just clip in on my weak side pants pocket and have never had any trouble with this method.
    The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

I just got a response. Without question, the person requested my address so they can send me a new tailcap. Wow, that was FAST.

As far as the clip, the E1L's clip is too small. I am actually pondering about buying the E2L for the longer clip and keeping the E1L in my backpack or glove compartment. As far as holster for a flashlight, I dunno, I'll think about that.

The e series tailcaps will have a rattle when the light is on. Other wise there is usually no rattle how ever, sometimes there is. Still, mine rattle when the light was on.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Yeah I just checked my E2E Executive Elite and the rattle is there when the light is on but gone when it's off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links