Sigtac vest

Sigtac vest

This is a discussion on Sigtac vest within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a sigtac gear rebate with my sig purchase and one of the things I got was a sigtac vest. Now I know what ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigtac vest

Sigtac vest

I got a sigtac gear rebate with my sig purchase and one of the things I got was a sigtac vest. Now I know what you are thinking, vests suck and everyone knows you are carrying if you are wearing one. I'm with you that I'm not much on most vests and gun people will guess that you are carrying, but by far most people are clueless. Anyway, I got the vest and figured I would sell it on fleabay or something. I first got it and it seemed stiff and heavy and didn't think there was any way I would like it. I was wrong. I like this vest a lot and the wife wants me to get another of a different color. It's long, has zippers on the sides so you can get into your pants pockets, has lots of pockets and softened up when I wore it. It has a gun pocket, but it prints big time with my p220 carry elite. I just carry iwb and wear the vest.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0041872943225a.shtml
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

VIP Member
    I've got two Salty... not a bad vest at all I think.
    I don't believe that's actually a gun pocket but prolly could be made to work.
    It's lighter than my 5.11 vests I'll tell ya! I'm using mine now till next summer.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You are probably right Thumper, it's probably not actually a gun pocket. With a smaller gun it would work nicely. It's really a nice weight, it just seemed kind of heavy when I first looked at it but I think it was not being used to it.
    I think the problem was that I had a preconceived notion that I would not like it before I even got it. It was going on ebay. The more I use it though the more I like it and I believe I will have another before long.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saltysquid View Post
    You are probably right Thumper, it's probably not actually a gun pocket. With a smaller gun it would work nicely. It's really a nice weight, it just seemed kind of heavy when I first looked at it but I think it was not being used to it.
    I think the problem was that I had a preconceived notion that I would not like it before I even got it. It was going on ebay. The more I use it though the more I like it and I believe I will have another before long.
    Yeah, your right about getting used to it. Kinda takes me a while when I first start wearing it again after the hot weather. Then I get spoiled by all the pockets... I start carrying more crap than I need!

superior skills."

Haha, I stick my cell phone, wallet, keys, just about everything and then some in the vest. I'm not used to a set place for everything yet so if I look for something I'm padding pockets till I find it.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Good looking vest! Out of curiosity - Are vests considered fashionable? My wife isn't here to dress me or answer my question so it's up to you guys.

Does everyone wearing a vest end up looking like Bert (from Tremors) - or is there a way to pull it off without looking like a nutcase? Perhaps accessorize for the "Pulitzer Prize Winning Photographer" look?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Good looking vest! Out of curiosity - Are vests considered fashionable? My wife isn't here to dress me or answer my question so it's up to you guys.

Does everyone wearing a vest end up looking like Bert (from Tremors) - or is there a way to pull it off without looking like a nutcase? Perhaps accessorize for the "Pulitzer Prize Winning Photographer" look?
    Oh boy Hawk... you opened the "can-o-worms" now!

It's a personal thing as to style and certainly where you live dictates fashion... acceptance or rejection.

It's a non- fashion issue where I live.

I couldn’t care less what others think though (except the wife of course!) so I like to remind those who do dare to offer their un-welcome comments that the list is long and distinguished to get in line to kiss my hairy white butt!

superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by saltysquid View Post
    It has a gun pocket, but it prints big time with my p220 carry elite.
    Try putting a thick piece of leather in the pocket. ( against the front of the vest ) Then carry your p220 behind it, It works for me.
    It's not the bow or the arrow It's the NDN

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I don't wear vests very much, but up here in the cold country I like this sig-tac jacket a heck of a lot. It has ambidexterious holsters on the inside pockets. Great coat for winter, it will hold a K-frame comfortably! I carry my Colt New Agent in it daily.
    Attached Images
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Quote Originally Posted by NDN-MAN View Post
    Try putting a thick piece of leather in the pocket. ( against the front of the vest ) Then carry your p220 behind it, It works for me.
    Good idea, I'll have to try that.

As for vests being in style, in this part of the country you are more likely to see a guy with a vest than a fanny pack.:) Mostly bikers and hunters with vests though.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Salty, I appreciate your input. I"ve been waiting for mine to come in for a couple of weeks, and been having the same concerns. (it' on backorder)

i got one the other day it is way lighter then my 5.11 vest but i like my Woolrich Elite better.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

I got mine at Concealed Carry Clothiers. There are three pockets on the outside, the rest of the pockets are on the inside. Nobody has ever looked at me twice while wearing the vest, and I have had mine now for two years.

I really really like the sigtac and also the woolrich elite series, BUT, I just can't seem to get a "shoot me first vest". One should carry very discreetly and be as subtle as possible and not advertise. just my personal thought..Really cool vest though..perhaps I'll get one to go fishing with!

Quote Originally Posted by DrSal View Post
    I really really like the sigtac and also the woolrich elite series, BUT, I just can't seem to get a "shoot me first vest". One should carry very discreetly and be as subtle as possible and not advertise. just my personal thought..Really cool vest though..perhaps I'll get one to go fishing with!
    I feel the same way....it raises more questions than anything. Now the woolrich elite series I could get away with, as you always see the yuppies where I live wearing stuff like that. Things to note: I am not a photography, and do not want to advertise that I carry a gun. Thus, a vest with that many pockets screams one of these two options. However, for a day at the range this might be great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links