Botach Tactical - Page 2

Botach Tactical

This is a discussion on Botach Tactical within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They'll never see another dime from me. So long as your order is processed well, they're fine. If you need to return something or they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Botach Tactical

They'll never see another dime from me. So long as your order is processed well, they're fine. If you need to return something or they send you the wrong stuff, you are screwed. They still have $25 of mine from some LED lights that I returned and I quit trying to get it back. At $25 it was a cheap lesson in who to deal with and who to avoid!

One man's opinion,
    HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

ExSoldier, I'm in the same boat as you. I've ordered several times from there, lots of items each time too and never a problem. I ordered a jacket one time and they didn't have that size, they emailed and called and got what I wanted instead of that size and shipped it that day. I'd hate to guess how many $6 5.11 pants I've bought off of there for myself and employees. I have some still in the plastic wrap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Never had a problem with them
    Ditto.

I've made 7 orders from them over the last 3 yrs. across a range of products and price categories and to date I've yet to have an issue.
    In one case I'd even changed my mind toward a product, the next day!, and the customer support desk handled it saying no problem. They edited out the cost of the item I'd ordered, replaced it with the new/correct item, and even went so far as to contact UPS and have them stop shipment of the old/incorrect item returning it to them before it got to my door. No additional cost to me even as I'd gone in thinking I'd have to cover shipping the old/incorrect item back even as it was my own fault that the item was incorrect.

I will continue to order from them as based on my own direct past experiences, and do suggest to others.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    I have never ordered from Botach due to many previous reports of non-shipment and non-response from them. Now here are several rave reviews and even "above and beyond" customer service.

I can't say as I have ever heard of a more bi-polar company. I wonder if it has been sold and there is a new owner?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Those people SUCK..they've screwed up two separate orders, gave them a second chance after the initial 'communication"; then they failed again to deliver on the order placed..AVOID BOTACH TAC !!!!!

Never again, they suck, dont ever order anything in demand wow its the end of the world for them to have to talk to you, its easier to find hens teeth.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

My experience was bad with them as well...

Ordered about $145 worth of stuff. After a month I had not received it or any communication from them despite numerous calls and emails.

I finally sent an email very firmly demanding that my order be canceled and only then did I receive a call from them...informing me that they had my items in stock and ready to ship....EXCEPT...not in the colors I ordered...

I had to argue with the rep for 10 more minutes to get my order canceled.
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

Wink Wrong Disorder...

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I have never ordered from Botach due to many previous reports of non-shipment and non-response from them. Now here are several rave reviews and even "above and beyond" customer service.

I can't say as I have ever heard of a more bi-polar company. I wonder if it has been sold and there is a new owner?
    Teaching psychology as I do, I'd say the problem isn't so much as BiPolar as it might be MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

OTOH I'd bet that the folks who've had bad experiences are suffering from anxiety if not a mild case of depression. LOL JK!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I've never even heard of them. Sounds like it's 50/50 for satisfaction.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I've had good luck getting the items but was less than happy with the quality of some of the clearance items. Found out why they were so cheap.
    Richard Scalzo, Capt.
    Secaucus PD
    Secaucus, NJ
    Retired !!!!

I placed an order with them. Waited, waited, and waited but it never arrived. I called and they explained that they were out of stock. :(

I canceled the order and decided to never buy from them.

I have heard of the bad experiences several people have had with them. However when they put their Surefire lights on clearance about 3 weeks back, I thought what the heck I'll take a chance.

The order arrived promptly, and exactly as ordered. I imagine I will try them again sometime.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

I just had two orders with them, over a period of 3 weeks. All the items were shipped the day after the order and arrived promptly. Everything was shipped, no b/o, no problems.

I've been buying from them for about 10 years now and maybe only 2 or 3 frustrating experiences!

I get all my 3 volt lithum batteries from them because they have frequent sales on them several times a year and their regular prices on the batteries can't be beat let alone when they have them on sale.

Last week I ordered a Blackhawk Industries Scoped Rifle Case and it has yet to be shipped. But I wasn't in a hurry to get it either.

Again, 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years they've been slow to ship or something like that, but they haven't driven me away yet!

I've gotten a Pelican Rifle case for my AR-15, several flashlights from Surefire and others, Gun Cases, Cleaning Supplies, all my batteries, and many other things over the years at considerable savings over other sources.

So far no real gripes from me about Botach! I would say their customer service is lacking quite a bit, but so far not a deal breaker for me.

I'm fully prepared for my luck to change with this pending order... but keeping my fingers crossed. So far they haven't charged my credit card yet, so that's good since order hasn't shipped yet.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I ordered a $90.00 pair of boots monday evening from Botach and they arrived today! Perfect!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links