The Liberator

The Liberator

This is a discussion on The Liberator within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We bought several for testing... they are a little to cumbersome for practical use IMO....

Thread: The Liberator

Administrator
    We bought several for testing... they are a little to cumbersome for practical use IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

The Liberator

Anybody seen this yet? Love the idea. Esp. for me being a strictly on handed shooter.

http://www.first-light-usa.com/
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Senior Moderator
    Just more stuff to carry. I think the weapon mounted light is alot more practical...easier to carry too...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'll stick with my Surefire, which is easier to carry AND a lot less expensive, than $219 !!

Looks like something someone would use to rob a photographer...
    Don't let the BG's see this...

Too much 'stuff'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I won a few months ago from Tom Gresham's Gun Talk radio show and website. I would never have bought one due to the expense. But I must say using one is pretty cool. It allows you to take normal 2 hand grip on the gun and hold a flashlight at the same time. I done some training with it and it works very well. It definitely has its place for people who do room clearing in dark places. It resides on my night stand with my Kahr K40. I don't carry it as I prefer my Surefire G2Z for its slimness. PM me if you have any questions.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

I don't see it as being practical. Rail mounted light seems much easier to use and to make sure the light is pointed in the right direction, if that is what your looking for.

The web site shows it being used on either a pistol, rifle, whatever. The angle surely has to be adjusted between the two. I wouldn't want to have to fiddle with trying to make sure the light was pointing were it needed to be if I was in a situation of actually having to use it.

I don't, or wouldn't use either. Give me a flashlight.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

So far I have limited use of the flashlight and think itís a good tool. First you can keep your normal grip on the gun, secondly reloads if needed do not change from normal reloading. Choice of momentary or constant on. I will admit to being blucky to carry versus a normal flashlight such as the 6P and similar flashlights but as stated above it has merits over conventional tactical flashlights. I donít see it replacing your current flashlight but another tool in oneís toolbox. No different then sometimes carrying a Glock vs. a 1911 or Spyderco Endura vs. a Emerson Commander.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sponsored Links