Look---Inexpensive Car Safe

This is a discussion on Look---Inexpensive Car Safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been researching car safes for awhile. Harbor Freight has this one on sale during November . It's normally $40 on sale for $20! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look---Inexpensive Car Safe

I have been researching car safes for awhile. Harbor Freight has this one on sale during November . It's normally $40 on sale for $20! It's electronic and has a keyed lock to over-ride. The batteries (4AA) come with it as do mounting bolts.
    It's not junk either.
    It's a little boxy but then again, it's not a typical pistol safe. But for the price...
    Attached Images

Awesome find! Thanks.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    have a link?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93575

I think that's the link. Unfortunately it lists for $40. If It was $20 I would have snatched it up.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I actually use something similar to secure my handguns in my bedroom. I have a safe like the one pictured and mounted it my closet at eye level. Gun inside and ammo on top. It's mounted to the studs with 3/8'' lag bolts so it's not going anywhere.

Works good for my purpose. Easy to secure your CCW in a hurry without going to the big safe.

Here is the one I have.

Can I get that under my seat?
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

That's what I was going to use it for. It'd be nice to put on a shelf. Just throw my wallet and my nightstand gun in there when I have people over.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    That's what I was going to use it for. It'd be nice to put on a shelf. Just throw my wallet and my nightstand gun in there when I have people over.

Works well enough, but I would suggest mounting it to something solid. Keeps BG's from running off with it.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with the BG's. Just don't really want my drinking buddies getting a hold of it.

On top of that, I rent so it's not really possible to mount it to the floor or wall.

I have one in the master closet for faster access of pistols. When we go out of town I put the pistols in the big safe.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Chase,

Where did you see this was on sale?
    It's not listed on the website at $20.
    Was it an in-store sale perhaps?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Harbor frieght sends out sale papers to its customers. The prices in the paper are not posted in the store. You can sign up for the papers at the store and online.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

$40 again
    -Biker

I just got off the phone with HF customer service and they indicate it is not on sale and is priced correctly at their website.

I'd mentioned that there was (as stated above) a customers only flyer that indicated it was on sale for $20 but I don't have the flyer on hand.
    The customer service person said they have no record of this item being reduced in price and that without the flyer as proof off the aledged sale they can do nothing to adjust the price for me.
    He asked for the item # from me twice and I provided him with "ITEM 93575-0VGA" as applicable to; http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93575

There is a second safe by the same company that is listed as being onsale via the website though it is much less quality in appearance...

9" x 6" x 6" DIGITAL SAFE

Digital electronic safe with keyed or keypad entry.

* Able to be mounted to a wall or flat surface
    * Wrong code lock out function
    * Double cut brass key overide access

Overall dimensions: 6-3/4"H x 6-3/4"W x 9"L; Four AA batteries included

ITEM 94985-1VGA

Normal price: $26.99
    Sale price: $24.99
    Product: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94985
    Other Bunker Hill Products: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...=Bunker%20Hill
    - Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Chase,

Where did you see this was on sale?
    It's not listed on the website at $20.
    Was it an in-store sale perhaps?

Yes, I got it in the store itself. The web site has it for $40. Don't know why the web would be different than the store; especially since the in-store price is an advertised price.
    Also, someone asked if this could go under your car seat. Definately not. It's a little boxy. Dimensions are:
    8" h X 12.25"w X 8" d.

I apologize for my intital post. I should have mentioned that I bought it at the store itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase2b View Post
    Yes, I got it in the store itself. The web site has it for $40. Don't know why the web would be different than the store; especially since the in-store price is an advertised price.
    Also, someone asked if this could go under your car seat. Definately not. It's a little boxy. Dimensions are:
    8" h X 12.25"w X 8" d.

I apologize for my intital post. I should have mentioned that I bought it at the store itself.
    Update:

I went to the HF website and using their store finder feature; http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...cator/start.do, I looked up the location and phone number for a store closest to me.
    Thank goodness one just recently opened for my region and it only happens to be 20 mnutes away!

I called and asked specifically about price and availability of "ITEM 93575-0VGA".
    I was told it is on sale for $19.99 and they have 12 in stock.
    Woot!!!

I'm going to try to get out there today if not tomorrow and buy two for the house.

Thank you Chase for the heads up!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links