Go bag contents - Page 2

Go bag contents

This is a discussion on Go bag contents within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I keep a ruck full of camp gear, as we camp out alot. All I would need to do was grab my tac. vest full ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go bag contents

Lead Moderator
    I keep a ruck full of camp gear, as we camp out alot. All I would need to do was grab my tac. vest full of AR mags, my pistol and extra ammo. Food, water and all related hike /camp gear is ready to go. Also, by spending time camping year round, we 1. get to test our gear/ skills. 2. find out what works best. 3.Become in tune with the outdoors and feel comfortable sleeping/ living there.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    One thing that HotGuns had mentioned was a portable water filtration unit, something I wanted to get for hiking. While the water purification tablets are good for some things, it doesn't eliminate giardia and other microscopic swimmers. You certainly wouldn't diarrhea while you're bugging out.
    Throw out the water purification tablets and get one of the hand operated filters. They will take out all of the bad stuff. In Colorado some people I used to hike with would take a drink directly out of a fast moving, cold, "pure" Rocky Mountain stream, until he got a good dose of Giardia. While he was taking back all of the comments he had previously made to me about my filter, I was holding my nose....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Throw out the water purification tablets and get one of the hand operated filters. They will take out all of the bad stuff. In Colorado some people I used to hike with would take a drink directly out of a fast moving, cold, "pure" Rocky Mountain stream, until he got a good dose of Giardia. While he was taking back all of the comments he had previously made to me about my filter, I was holding my nose....
    Ah ha ha hahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Lead Moderator
    not all filter systems are the same either. Do some research and find what you can afford/ works best for ya.

Just a thought here,

Anybody carry a can of sterno in their kit?

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links