speedloaders

speedloaders

This is a discussion on speedloaders within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just bought a safariland comp 1 and a hks speedloader today to see which one l liked the best as they were the only ...

Thread: speedloaders

Distinguished Member

speedloaders

i just bought a safariland comp 1 and a hks speedloader today to see which one l liked the best as they were the only two i could find local. from what i had read i thought i would like the safari best , but i didn't , i liked the hks better , it was faster for me and seamed better made. the safari would take some time releasing sometimes , but was faster when it did release . i choose the hks for now but i am still looking for better . these are small 38 5 shot speedloaders . do any of ya'll know of a better one?

Be more agressive when loading with the comp 1's. Push them in the cylinder harder. They are fast when you get used to them.

Pick one type and stick with it in your training. Mixing is probably not a good idea since one twists and the other is a push-type release.

Midway has some models of comp 1's on sale for $7.99.

http://http://www.midwayusa.com/epro...eitemid=127569

VIP Member
    +1 with DrLax. Practice makes the difference and the Safariland will stand lots of abuse.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member
    yeah, i am only going to use one brand i am going to take the other back. i got the hks for $7.00 and the safari for $9.00 locally only 10 mins from me .

Quote Originally Posted by DrLax View Post
    Be more agressive when loading with the comp 1's. Push them in the cylinder harder. They are fast when you get used to them.

Pick one type and stick with it in your training. Mixing is probably not a good idea since one twists and the other is a push-type release.

Midway has some models of comp 1's on sale for $7.99.

http://http://www.midwayusa.com/epro...eitemid=127569
    +1 on the Comp 1's. To me they are more stable as far as throwing it in a pocket and not worrying about the cartridges coming loose.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Both are good. HKS seems to tolerate more dropping onto concrete, which happens a lot when shooting police firearms qualification courses on paved shooting ranges, particularly if a 300-pound guy steps on one. If shooting on bare ground or grass, I would think they will last equally long. Some do not like the looseness of the way HKS loaders hold the rounds, but I like the jiggle factor, as it seems to work well (for me) when in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    +1 on the Comp 1's. To me they are more stable as far as throwing it in a pocket and not worrying about the cartridges coming loose.
    +2 on Safariland.

I have one HKS and about half dozen Safarilands. There is simply no faster, more secure speedloader made.

Assistant Administrator
    I moved up to Comp II's - as altho they are physically a tad larger I find them easier to use overall.

I prefer the relatively ''tight'' locking of the rounds in Safariland whereas the HKS lets the rounds stay rather sloppy and so not so good for fast relaible insertion without one round trying to hang up.

If carry space was no problem the Comp III is the real deal - spring assisted and very fast.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Comp IIs for my K frame and Comp Is for my J frame. The only reason I use Comp Is is because Safariland does not make Comp IIs for J frames.

As far as concealement, they go in my right front pant pocket. They look no different than the other bulges from keys, cellphone, etc. Sheeple have no clue or concern about what's in your pockets, if they even notice at all.

I just bought two Safariland Comp II's for my S&W K-frame. I need to practice with them but so far they I like them. The advice above should help.

Links