Surefire Flashlights at, Lowes?

This is a discussion on Surefire Flashlights at, Lowes? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sure enough! Walking up to the checkout line today at Lowe's and I see a G2 and 6P hanging on the rack (am I the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Flashlights at, Lowes?

Sure enough! Walking up to the checkout line today at Lowe's and I see a G2 and 6P hanging on the rack (am I the only one that looks at flashlights everywhere I go?). I pick up the G2 and look at the price. $64! I'm thinking to myself, that can't be right. I look at the 6P. $84! Talk about markup! They also had the Surefire CR123's in a 2 pack. For $10. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73 View Post
    Sure enough! Walking up to the checkout line today at Lowe's and I see a G2 and 6P hanging on the rack (am I the only one that looks at flashlights everywhere I go?). I pick up the G2 and look at the price. $64! I'm thinking to myself, that can't be right. I look at the 6P. $84! Talk about markup! They also had the Surefire CR123's in a 2 pack. For $10. Amazing.
    You should report it as an atttempted 'unarmed' robbery...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So where do you buy yours, those are pretty standard prices in the stores out here. The last time I was looking at CR123 batteries in the store they were 12.00 That is why I order out of Cheaper Than Dirt.

Last I heard the cheapest place to get CR123 batteries was from SureFire: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...hium-Batteries

How about CR123A for less than $2 ea.
    http://store.itrimming.com/lbatcr123ax5.html
    or less than a buck
    http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73 View Post
    I saw that 2. Thats Lowes for ya.

Its not just a 6P and G2. Its the new 6PL and G2L (LED versions.) And the price is right. No more markup than anyother Surefire dealer. I have the G2L and I can tell you that it is nice. Its is as bright as the regular G2 but will run for almost 4 1/2 hours before dimming much.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Ouch, that price hurts unless they are the LED models. Batteries are way too high. I get mine directly from Surefire.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Ouch, that price hurts unless they are the LED models. Batteries are way too high. I get mine directly from Surefire.
    There is a thread on CPF about this. Everyone that has seen these lights at lowes stated that they are only the LED versions.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I get my batteries (Surefire brand) from Brigade Quartermasters near my home. About the same price as directly from Surefire if you include the shipping.

Interesting info about SF batts and who makes them: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9454

We offer DC members discounts on SF lights, rails and suppressors. Drop us a line for member pricing.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    Interesting info about SF batts and who makes them: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9454

We offer DC members discounts on SF lights, rails and suppressors. Drop us a line for member pricing.

C4
    I'm curious, I see you state that SF batteries are made by Panasonic but, I don't see where you got the info.

From my point of view (and I mean no disrespect, just telling what it looks like) you state that more expensive batteries are made by a cheaper company that you are now selling. That would be a great sells pitch for something that you could mark up more than the SF batteries. Again, I mean no disrespect, I just like to have proof of that what I am reading is correct. Expecially since I have read before on CPF that Surefire and Energizer have ALOT in common including capacity, and discharge curve.
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    I'm curious, I see you state that SF batteries are made by Panasonic but, I don't see where you got the info.

From my point of view (and I mean no disrespect, just telling what it looks like) you state that more expensive batteries are made by a cheaper company that you are now selling. That would be a great sells pitch for something that you could mark up more than the SF batteries. Again, I mean no disrespect, I just like to have proof of that what I am reading is correct. Expecially since I have read before on CPF that Surefire and Energizer have ALOT in common including capacity, and discharge curve.
    My info comes from two sources. A SF employee and a VERY large battery Distr in the US.

Why would you ASSume that the Panasonic battery are cheaper or that Panasonic is a "cheaper" company?

The Panasonic batteries are also much cheaper than the SF batteries. Remember that I also sell SF batteries. So if your theory is correct, why would I push a cheaper battery when I could actually make more on the SF battery???

Panasonic batteries are also one of the VERY few CR123A's that have a 1550mAh capacity. So any way you slice it, the Panasonic battery is offers the best output of any CR123A battery on the market.

If you don't believe me, that is fine. Please continue to buy the more expensive SF battery. As a Flashlight junky and battery consumer, I am just trying to educate my fellow shooters about a cheaper battery that is equal to and or better than SF's battery.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    WOW...they are proud of those...gander mountain has them (G2) for under $35.00!!
    Lowes....well not their prices.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I purchase my surefire brand batteries from Sportsmans warehouse. they come in a 12 pack for 22. that is 1.83 per battery
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links