Fenix L1d Flashlight

Fenix L1d Flashlight

This is a discussion on Fenix L1d Flashlight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FENIX L1D FLASHLIGHT I am very much into lights; because of my work and traveling I employ a tactical light, the Surefire Centurion III. When ...

Thread: Fenix L1d Flashlight

Fenix L1d Flashlight

FENIX L1D FLASHLIGHT

I am very much into lights; because of my work and traveling I employ a tactical light, the Surefire Centurion III. When I am not carrying it I have a Surefire E2e in my pocket and another light on my key chain.
    The key chain light used to be an ARC AAA for years, but I exchanged it for a Fenix L1P (40 lumens) about 18 months ago.
    Lately I desired one of the new Fenix L1D's, with as much as 90 lumens in the turbo mode, and as much as 25 hours of runtime on the low setting.
    So finally I gave the Fenix L1P to my signficant other and ordered the new L1D with the Cree module. The light is all that it claims to be in the several reviews I read, and it is an absolute joy to use.
    However, the small reflector hasnít too much range; it is a light for indoor use where it really shines.

Due to the ample flood, I think it is a great little light to hold in your mouth while you make repairs using two hands. It would be ideal to change a tire in the car or other similar work, a lot of lumens flooding your immediate area!
    Speaking of lights for the car, I have in the glove compartment a Surefire M-4with the 350 lumen lamp, and as a back up under the seat I have a Magcharger 200 lumen light that will also serve (due to weight and length) if I have to do some defensive moves without involving firearms.
    At home the light next to my gun in the nightstand is a Streamlight Ultra Stinger, 295 lumens. I also own some other lights that I use for hiking and hunting, but the ones I mention here are the ones subjected to use all year round.

Coming back to the Fenix L1D, it is a great little light and probably the king of the key chain lights. It has an SOS mode and also an intense strobe, just the ticket for calling attention in a survival situation, and best of all, it works with a single AA battery available anywhere. I recommend it highly.

You sound like me. I can't hardly pass a good flashlight without buying it. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I always have a light when I need it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Nice light! I've currently got a L2T and for Christmas I've ordered L2D Q5's for my full-time employees. Oh yeah, one for me too to replace my L2T!!!!

ridurall, is that a cab on a Rhino in your avatar?

Yep, it's a camo canvas cover built by http://greenemountain.net/-strse-149...ino/Detail.bok They even have a heater for $60 but I never found the need for it. I took the rubber boot off the emergency brake and there is enough heat coming up through the hole to supply a reasonable amount of heat. By the way I've had it for over 2 years and only put it on during the winter and it seems to do just fine.
    Last edited by ridurall; December 7th, 2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: add the 2 year comment
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    +1 on the little Fenix lights! I've got a P3D-CE (160 lumen version), and I'm trying to decide on either the new 215 lumen P3D (multiple modes, from low through turbo) or the 225 lumen tactical T1 (two modes - 60 lumen/10 hour and 225 lumen 1.5 lumen). Decisions, decisions!

Man, if you think you have it bad....... :o)
    MOΛΩN ΛAB…

Had some problem with the previous free picture hosting.

Here is the picture that is supposed to be in my original post

Nice looking light, might have to add one of those to the collection.

The Fenix lights are amazing. The value you get incredble. I have a L2D which will blind you at 135 lumens in turbo mode, but now they have a tactical series out - fenixtactical.com. The only issue with the one I have is the reverse click button - no momentary on. The new tacticals have the momentary switch now. Looks like I found a light for my shotgun!

Links