SureFire 6P LED / DORCY Flashlights?

This is a discussion on SureFire 6P LED / DORCY Flashlights? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well... Since I find myself W/O a significant other this Christmas, I am dating a woman, but not serious. I decided I had to provide ...

Thread: SureFire 6P LED / DORCY Flashlights?

SureFire 6P LED / DORCY Flashlights?

Well... Since I find myself W/O a significant other this Christmas, I am dating a woman, but not serious. I decided I had to provide my own Christmas presents this year... so one of the things I bought myself is a SureFire 6P LED.... my first SureFire purchase... I have been using a Coast LED light up until now. I love my SureFire... I am very impressed.. I have always had a flashlight addiction, my X understood that... one year I think I got 4 different flashlights for Christmas.

Now I have a question... I have several people to buy for and a few have asked for flashlights... I was going to get the standard Coast with the 5 white LEDs and the 1 red LED... it is a good light, and I think around 25 lumens, but at $30.00 each they are a little high when you start buying several.

I was at WalMart today picking up some other stuff and went to see what they had... They have a Dorcy flashlight, LED, 1 watt, 45 lumens
    for $10.00?? I was tempted to buy one just to test it out, and I may go back tomorrow and do just that, but I have never heard of Dorcy, and I am hoping someone here can help me out... is it even worth the trip over to pick one up? At $10.00 each I can stuff a lot of stockings with them

Thanks!!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    They make decent stuff. It would make a nice flashlight for someone who is not a flashlight freak (like some of us). I would never buy one for myself though.

Wal-Mart does sell the Rayovac 3watt with an advertised 80 lumens with a regulations chip in it that is a very nice cheap flashlight. It goes for about $24.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I did it...

Well, I went to Wal-Mart and convinced the sales clerk to let me open a package and put in the batteries... with the promise that if I was not too disappointed that I would buy 4 of them... he agreed... it is not too bad... MP, you are right... it will work for someone that is nor a freak like myself or others on the board... I will try to post some pics here...

Not too bad for a $10.00 flashlight... the kids will like them.

BTW, excuse the poor quality pictures, the only digital camera I have is my cell phone.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by IowaWalker; December 18th, 2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Add comment about the pictures

Surefire makes good products for a fairly high price. I was lucky to pick up a 6P and E2E a few years ago for 60% discount at a local sporting goods store and they are by far my favorite lights.

Now I am wanting a LED light for longer battery life and also something a little brighter.

I've been looking at some lights from Dealextreme.com that use Cree LED's and the prices are pretty good. Sure they may not be up to the same quality as Surefire, but they are 30% the cost.

Another light to consider are the products put out by Fenix, read lots of good things about them.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i own two dorcy spyder flashlights...which I purchase at Lowes...they are not LED but very bright...my wife and I use them when camping...
    they are like 15.00 a piece IIRC....
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Surefire makes good products for a fairly high price. I was lucky to pick up a 6P and E2E a few years ago for 60% discount at a local sporting goods store and they are by far my favorite lights.

Now I am wanting a LED light for longer battery life and also something a little brighter.

I've been looking at some lights from Dealextreme.com that use Cree LED's and the prices are pretty good. Sure they may not be up to the same quality as Surefire, but they are 30% the cost.

Another light to consider are the products put out by Fenix, read lots of good things about them.
    I was just on the Surefire web site, looking for a LED 6P. I see the have a replacement bulb set-up which can be used with my 6P and it only costs $37. You can change at will. The LED head gives 85 lumens vs 60 with the standard bulb, and lasts 11 hours vs 1 hour for the standard bulb.

Seems like a no brainer to me. I'm getting me a LED bulb and my daughter a 6P LED light.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by Martini13 View Post
    I was just on the Surefire web site, looking for a LED 6P. I see the have a replacement bulb set-up which can be used with my 6P and it only costs $37. You can change at will. The LED head gives 85 lumens vs 60 with the standard bulb, and lasts 11 hours vs 1 hour for the standard bulb.

Seems like a no brainer to me. I'm getting me a LED bulb and my daughter a 6P LED light.

I just ordered an LED bulb for my 6P off of dealextreme.com for $10.14/shipped.

I will give a review when I receive it, which could take 2-4 weeks. But I am in no hurry and look forward to it.

I wish I could find a cheap LED for my E2E too.

Links