The Surefire P60L LED reflector assembly - it's great!!!

This is a discussion on The Surefire P60L LED reflector assembly - it's great!!! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, this is just clever. Surefire has an 80 Lumen LED reflector assembly that drops right into most of their incandescent lights. To me, this ...

Senior Moderator

Well, this is just clever. Surefire has an 80 Lumen LED reflector assembly that drops right into most of their incandescent lights. To me, this is the cheap way to have a high quality LED tac light. Not only that, you have the option of installing the incandescent or LED reflector.

It fits a Surefire 6P, 6R, 6Z, 9P, 9Z, C2, C3, D2, D3, G2, G3, G2Z, M2, Z2, Z3, all 6 volt weapon lights, and 9V classic weapon lights.

Mine arrived yesterday. I ordered it from LA Police Gear for $39.00. I installed it in my C2 (because it has a pocket clip and is convenient for pocket carry) and last night I compared it to my L2 which has just about become my standard for comparison.

As far as I'm concerned, the P60L 80 lumen LED beats the L2 readily. The central beam is brighter and the 'side' beam is as bright and wide as the L2s. I am very picky about lights. I don't like lights that are over focused, as if that narrow focus is all that mattered. I like the whole room to light up - I want all the corners illuminated and a bright central light for a more distracting effect and for distance. The P60L meets these requirements nicely, and I'm tempted to say perfectly. I honestly don't see how you could get a much better beam dispersement.

I didn't shop around for price, but an 80 lumen LED module that fits just about any Surefire incandescent tac light seems like a perfect way to have both worlds without spending a fortune.

I oughta write adds for Surefire.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Well, this is just clever. Surefire has an 80 Lumen LED reflector assembly that drops right into most of their incandescent lights. To me, this is the cheap way to have a high quality LED tac light. Not only that, you have the option of installing the incandescent or LED reflector.

It fits a Surefire 6P, 6R, 6Z, 9P, 9Z, C2, C3, D2, D3, G2, G3, G2Z, M2, Z2, Z3, all 6 volt weapon lights, and 9V classic weapon lights.

Mine arrived yesterday. I ordered it from LA Police Gear for $39.00. I installed it in my C2 (because it has a pocket clip and is convenient for pocket carry) and last night I compared it to my L2 which has just about become my standard for comparison.

As far as I'm concerned, the P60L 80 lumen LED beats the L2 readily. The central beam is brighter and the 'side' beam is as bright and wide as the L2s. I am very picky about lights. I don't like lights that are over focused, as if that narrow focus is all that mattered. I like the whole room to light up - I want all the corners illuminated and a bright central light for a more distracting effect and for distance. The P60L meets these requirements nicely, and I'm tempted to say perfectly. I honestly don't see how you could get a much better beam dispersement.

I didn't shop around for price, but an 80 lumen LED module that fits just about any Surefire incandescent tac light seems like a perfect way to have both worlds without spending a fortune.

I oughta write adds for Surefire.

They are pretty good I think. We just got our shipment in stock and they have been selling well.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Do they work with the 6P defender model?
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    The 6P is listed; I don't know if the 6P defender uses the same reflector or not. It'd sure be worth a call to Surefire and ask.

As I said in the OP, I am very picky about beam intensity, uniformity, secondary beam intensity, etc. This thing is just about perfect.

Interestingly enough my Stremlight TRL2 WML has a very similar beam and I have wanted a handheld for some time now with a beam like the TRL2. Now I have it, and it fits many of the Surefire lights.

I think the C2 is my favorite because of the size, and the pocket clip makes it sooo easy to carry in a pants pocket hence you don't have to have some kind of light pouch on your belt.

JD
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post

Yes it will.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    OK, OK.

And (LED on the left),

I'm currently debating upgrading my 6P to a LED reflector and am thinking about going with a Cree from Dealextreme.com based solely on price. If money were not so tight I would probably upgrade my 6P and E2E with Surefire mods.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    I'm currently debating upgrading my 6P to a LED reflector and am thinking about going with a Cree from Dealextreme.com based solely on price. If money were not so tight I would probably upgrade my 6P and E2E with Surefire mods.
    I hear ya, Surefire stuff is pricey. I was thinking that if one already had a Surefire that the LED reflector assy would fit, it'd be a pretty inexpensive way to go LED.

If you decided to go with the Cree, you will give us a report on it right?

If your Surefire uses the P60 bulb, it accepts the LED mod. I believe it's available from www.surefire.com for $39.00.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    I found a 200 Lumen Cree bulb for my SureFire Z2 for $18.00 so I had to try it.

Naturally, I had to see how it would work so I shined it in the mirror right in to my own eyes. GOOD LORD! I was seeing floating black spots for 2 hours! (Don't try this at home kids, I'm a professional dummy!)
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Moderator
    LOL! They were talking about lights being too bright in one of my Gunsite classes. Seems some TOs (Tactical Operators) brought some really bright lights and when they did a scenario drill, the bright light reflected off a light colored wall and pretty much messed up all their eyes for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by C4iGrant View Post
    Yes it will.
    C4
    boy you ain't kidding
    I ordered one from Surefire right before Christmas...finally got it in today (not bad time to clear a backorder)
    Puts the standard bulb to SHAME
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Links