Holster advice for a lady....

This is a discussion on Holster advice for a lady.... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; who refuses to wear a belt. No matter how hard I try to convince her that CCW is not a fashion statement, she simply will ...

Thread: Holster advice for a lady....

Holster advice for a lady....

who refuses to wear a belt.

No matter how hard I try to convince her that CCW is not a fashion statement, she simply will not don a belt.

This is where it gets sticky. She does not want a shoulder holster, instead wants it around the hip.

Currently she is toting a Bersa .380, but after having shot my 1911 a few times she thinks she wants to get one for her self (her husband is trying to convince her that her Bersa is all she needs, but she doesn't like the sights on it and prefers a more modern combat sight as found on most newer handguns).

So in the meantime I am trying to help her find something that she can use.

Suggestions? Ideas?
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The Kramer "Woman's Paddle Holster" might be worth a look. The paddle design is such that a belt is not required, and the holster positioning and 'ride' are designed with a woman's body in mind. It will require something more than a tight t-shirt as a cover garment, but in my experience it is a quality holster that may fill your needs.

(I've carried a S&W M19 in one a bit - it's very comfortable, secure, and easy to use for me - and I'm a male with a decidedly 'un-feminine' body! The females who have used them in my shop have had only good things to say, assuming proper cover garments.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

What about a smart carry? Uses elastic and velcro to attach around the hips. I guess printing would depend on how tight of pants she wears. I would imagine ladies would be a little more comfortable since they don't have much to worry about getting in the way down there. I am 5'11" 190lbs and carry my XD45c no problem with an untucked shirt and normal fitting pants. Either way, the smart-carry is completely independent from the clothing you wear and it comes in a few different models ranging from $50-$80. I love mine.

Links