Flashlight Holster

Flashlight Holster

This is a discussion on Flashlight Holster within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried searching first, but for some reason the search function doesn't like the word "flashlight". I am looking for a black leather holster for ...

Flashlight Holster

I tried searching first, but for some reason the search function doesn't like the word "flashlight".

I am looking for a black leather holster for my Streamlight Scorpion. I want on open top, either pancake or with a spring steel clip. I prefer one intended to be used with a 1 1/2" belt.

I want to be able to carry my light on my belt unconcealed, so I am looking for something simple and low key.

Gary Brommeland makes one that is almost perfect, except for being canted and him being very backed up. I would prefer a straight vertical design to draw less attention to it when not concealed.

I appreciate your help.
    Jeff
    Preparing the way...Straightening the path.

"If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Check with Liftersleather out of NJ.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    okgr8outdrs, if you don't find what you're looking for I would be happy to build whatever you need to your specifications. Here are a couple of light holders I have built:
    BOOM-STICK HOLSTERS - Accessories - Light Holders
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

I just bought two flashlight holsters from SureFire...one for my E2e, and one for my L4...$14 each...(can remove from belt with out unbuckling belt)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just wanted to provide a follow-up on this thread. I ordered a flashlight holster from Jeff at Boom-Stick Holsters. It arrived in the time he promised, I was given several options to choose from so this truly is a custom item, and because my light has a rubber cover that makes things tricky, I received detailed personalized instructions on how to get the best fit for my light. I have to say the appearance, fit and quality are as top notch as the service.

Thanks, Jeff. When you settle on a design for your IWB's I will be ready to do business with you again.
    Jeff
    Preparing the way...Straightening the path.

Milt Sparks makes a holster for the Surefire 6P model line. I'm not sure if the holster could be modified for your application. I'd call...they are very pleasant to deal with. Their holsters are a bit pricey but worth every penny in my opinion. I recently received a Surefire 6P LED as a gift and I will be adding a MS holster to my current order with them.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    look at Uncle Mike
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Ah yes... an IWB flashlight holster! Those lights with deeply crenelated bezels could be considered lethal weapons. Just don't try to carry one aboard an airplane. The Taliban creep sitting next to you would be no match with his fingernail cutters!

Quote Originally Posted by okgr8outdrs View Post
    Just wanted to provide a follow-up on this thread. I ordered a flashlight holster from Jeff at Boom-Stick Holsters. It arrived in the time he promised, I was given several options to choose from so this truly is a custom item, and because my light has a rubber cover that makes things tricky, I received detailed personalized instructions on how to get the best fit for my light. I have to say the appearance, fit and quality are as top notch as the service.

Thanks, Jeff. When you settle on a design for your IWB's I will be ready to do business with you again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say.
    A fool speaks because he has to say something". ~Plato
    ------------------------------------------------------------

AKJ Concealco makes some nice (and inexpensive) leather holsters for lights.

As you noted, the rubberized grip of the Scorpion makes holsters somewhat of a challenge.

That considered, you can get a Concealco holster that will allow you to carry the light bezel down and avoid the issue.

FWIW, after owning a number of Scorpions, I've switched to the Surefire G2 as I feel it is a superior light in the same price class. The rubber, while nice in it's own way, doesn't allow the design to be truly water resistant, I've also ripped a number of the rubber boots and Streamlight refused to sell me replacement boots. Also if you remove the boot, you'll see the switch mechanism is much less robust than Surefire's. Lastly, a hard shock can cause the bulb to fall out into the reflector and is very difficult to fish back out (shake it until you can grab one of the wires with needle nose pliers).

YMMV.

-john

+1 on Concealco and what BZDOG said above.

Links