Flashlight Question ???

Flashlight Question ???

This is a discussion on Flashlight Question ??? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the gun show the other day, and someone was selling a LED flashlight that I really liked but didnt get the name... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight Question ???

Flashlight Question ???

I was at the gun show the other day, and someone was selling a LED flashlight that I really liked but didnt get the name...

It was about the size of a surefire C3 and ran off two 3volt surefire batteries, was about 110 lumens, and had four dim settings, and a 110 lumen strobe setting. It was about $60 but I was outa cash by that point in the show...

If anyone has any ideas of what this was, or where I can find it again I'm really interested.

Thanks,
    Chris.
    "I'd rather be judged in a box by a jury than carred in a box by my friends!"

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Hmm,sounds decent. Currently I've strayed away form investing in a surefire b/c I tend to lose my "carrylights" rather easily.....right now its a MAC Tools Stylus LED penlight,lol. Works great,...but until I can keep one and not misplace it for a while,its no superduper expensive light.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Check Cabelas, I think they have a Surefire type line of lights that are priced pretty low.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    That is looking for a needle in a haystack to find the exact one, but there are other ones that are even more powerful and smaller for less money.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I only trust Surefire. From what I've seen, they seem to hold up the best.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

cj
    There are lots of LED lights out now from a lot of different manufacturers. I've bought a variety from dealextreme.com, a place out of Hong Kong. Shipping takes about forever, everything's made in China, but the prices are low, and it IS possible to get some decent quality items.

I'm betting if you browse around there, you'll find what you saw at the show (unless it was a major name brand) since much of what I see at shows any more are just rebadged items that you'd see on Dealextreme.

For a REALLY in-depth view of lights, check out Candlepowerforums.com, but realize many of the people over there will spend quite excessive amounts on a light.

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Not sure what you were looking at but I've had one of these for about a year and am very happy with it. VERY bright in turbo mode and what I liked most is it uses standard AA batteries. No need to carry a bunch of spares as they are available everywhere.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    There is one made by TacStar that looks to be a decent light and a LOT cheaper than Surefire or Streamlight.

Check out Inova lights or Fenix lights. Good long running bright led lights. A better flashlight for those of us who need a light that can be used longer the 20-60 minutes on a set of batteries...They have lights for around 30-60 dollars that are great buys. I carry an Inova X5 and couldn't be more pleased with it. Crisp bright white led's that illuminate whatever I need, and are very good at blinding when that is needed too.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

B52
    I love my Surefires for home, but I carry a Gerber RX-350 on my person. Good little bright light and reasonably cheap.

Surefire is making a polymer, LED version of their famous 6P. Long battery life and great beam. It runs around $60.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Another vote for Fenix, I carry a PID CE in my front jeans pocket, it is that small. 135 Lumens....1 lithuim battery.....5 modes.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

I love Fenix. I have a p3dq5. It cranks out just over 200 lumen's much brighter than the Sufefires that I used to carry. Another good light that is comeing out is the Nite Core Defender. It cranks out about 190 lumen's and runs off one AA battery. As soon as mine ships to me I will let you guys know what I think about it.
    Take Care,

Shannon
    www.microholics.org

VIP Member
    I love my SureFires and have several but I think my next light is going to be a Fenix T-1.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links