Shooting Gloves

Shooting Gloves

This is a discussion on Shooting Gloves within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone recommend some shooting gloves? Would like to find a nice pair of neoprene gloves with the fold back option on the trigger finger (at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Gloves

Shooting Gloves

Anyone recommend some shooting gloves? Would like to find a nice pair of neoprene gloves with the fold back option on the trigger finger (at least).

Links, pics, recommendations? The ones I find that I like online seem to be all located in Britain.

Thanks, JP
    XD-40 SubCompact with OD Green frame

I believe in practicing the way you'll carry, unless this is strictly for target shooting. Get those hands toughened up. Guns shoot differently with gloves on and off.

I have a pair of these: Bob Allen Sportswear

They do well with cold weather sporting clays and are pretty good with handguns. I have polypropylene liners that I use under mitts while backpacking in Winter. They're thin and form-fitting but tear/melt really easy.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Not to sound like Michael Jackson, but I only use one fingerless glove on my weak hand. I want to maintain the feel of the gun with my strong hand and use the gloved hand for racking the slide. I discovered that after doing that a bunch of times during a training session I started to wear the skin down a bit. My son pointed me to some weightlifting gloves that seemed to work just fine.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I tried the Bob Allen glove thing for trap shooting but man oh man it felt too weird. I gave it a go but gloves just aren't my thing for shooting any of my firearms.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

There are lots of things I can't do with gloves on...and won't.

1.) Driving (I'm no Le Mans racer, and even when I'm on long trips, it just seems silly to have gloves on behind the wheel of a Jeep. Maybe if it were an Austin-Healey or a 'Vette convertible).

2.) Golf (I never use a glove...seems silly and doesn't help at all).

3.) Shooting (train for the real world...I don't wear shooting gloves to the mall, grocery or anywhere else. What happens when I need them in a confrontation? Is the BG going to wait until I'm ready?).
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

These PAST leather gloves work good for me:

PAST Professional Shooting Gloves Fingerless Leather Black XL

I purchased them for my gunsite class, but ended up taking them off because they tended to get in the way. But if your just doing a lot of shooting for practice or whatever they work really nice.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Up here in NY, during the winter, I use these: Cabela's -- Bob Allen Shotgunner™ Shooting Gloves
    I trap and pistol shoot a lot, and find them thin enough for comfort, and not too bulky for the trigger finger. Some people, though, cannot shoot with gloves at at all! I would go to somplace like Gabder Mnt, or Dicks Sporting (if there's one near you), and try 'em on.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    There are lots of things I can't do with gloves on...and won't.

1.) Driving (I'm no Le Mans racer, and even when I'm on long trips, it just seems silly to have gloves on behind the wheel of a Jeep. Maybe if it were an Austin-Healey or a 'Vette convertible).

2.) Golf (I never use a glove...seems silly and doesn't help at all).

3.) Shooting (train for the real world...I don't wear shooting gloves to the mall, grocery or anywhere else. What happens when I need them in a confrontation? Is the BG going to wait until I'm ready?).
    You guy's kill me!

1) Driving - That is subjective as some peoples hands stay cold all of the time in the winter thus stiffin them up and without gloves could not drive as well (or have the control of the wheel enough that is). My mom is a prime example, I run hot so no need for driving with gloves. I assure you my mom is not a Lemans racer but uses them when driving!

2) Golf - Also subjective. If feel (I'm sorry, I know) it does help me and I have been playing golf since I was 8 years old, am a scratch golfer and can drive the ball 300 plus yards easily at will and trust me, the glove helps when you are running higher swing speeds than most out there. I guess just about 99.9% of the best PGA golf professionals in the world and THE best in the world maybe ever (TW) are wrong about wearing a glove to play golf?

3) Shooting - Again, subjective. I train in the real world and train in any weather conditions other than if life threating along side LEO's and SWAT guy's that also wear gloves to train outside in an 8 hour training class and so do I. It becomes second nature and the gloves I use are thin and near like not having them on but are imparitive to keep the wind off your hands (not really for keeping them warm so much). Yea, if I am at the range for an hour or (like i am sure you are talking about) and just working with my ccw, I don't use gloves. Just because one chooses to use gloves to train and keep training all day where others won't because it's cold does not mean you can't shoot without them.

ETA - I use these Hatch Shooting Gloves

Don't trust that pricing as that was the first site I found that had them. those seem high priced on that site IIRC, I've never used them as a resource. The hatch elite marksman are nice gloves.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    You guy's kill me!

ETA - I use these Hatch Shooting Gloves

Ti
    They are killing me too

Thanks everyone else for the options, I'm sure there is a good one in there and will look through them when I have some time.

JP

EW3
    I wear an Uncle Mike's glove on my strong hand when shooting my snubbies, otherwise the webbing of my hand gets a little beat up and sore.

Of course you wouldn't wear it when in a defensive situation, and I'm sure I wouldn't feel a thing.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I've used some of these in the past for shooting. I wear them all the time at work. These are excellent, and you can pick up a dime off the floor with these. Very dexterous and comfortable.
    MaxiFlex II-G-Tek Maxiflex Nitirle Coated

I went with Ti Carry's recommendation of the Hatch Shooting Gloves.

I'm looking forward to getting them and trying them out.

JP

Gloves

Depending on what you need them for I could offer several different recommendations on what I have found helpful.

ie. gotta stay warm, but still the need to shoot?
    or going to be doing a lot of shooting and need something practical so your hand won't be warn out.

gloves

I've never used those, perhaps you could give us a product eval when your done?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links